Hockey drills for ball control
Goal: Build up by moving the ball.
- 1 starts with the ball and plays it to 2
- 2 plays the ball back to 1
- 1 plays the ball to 3
- 3 plays the ball to 4
- 4 starts the attack and may choose how he does this
Point of attention: The defenders try to get rid of the ball as quickly and skillfully as possible
- 2 equal teams, or in case of odd numbers with a joker,
- try to keep the players on the team for as long as possible.
- This can be done through short replay, the duel and then replay.
- Two teams with substitutes, substitutions are made when a goal is scored.
- Each person defends a goal, on each field there are 5 goals,
- so there are also 5 people who defend these goals.
- If a goal is scored in your goal, you have to sit on the sidelines and you become a substitute.
- A new player (substitute) from the side enters the field and will defend the goal.
- If a goal is scored, it is 1 point.
- The team that has the most points at the end of the game is the winner.
- Someone runs in from the red, takes the ball in the run and runs away strongly,
- he/she plays it to the other person who is standing near red.
- Green comes running in, takes the ball in the run and turns away strongly, playing to the other person who is standing near green.
- 2 pawns face each other,
- at a random distance (depends on whether you want to push or flatten, for example).
- Player 1 and 3 stand with pawn A.
- Player 2 stands at pawn B.
- 1 plays the ball to player 2,
- 2 receives the ball.
- After player 1 passes the ball, he runs after his ball towards pion B.
- When player 2 has passed again he runs in the direction of pion A.
- etc. etcde
- You can play this exercise with minimum 3 players, maximum 5 otherwise the intensity will be very low.
Overplaying to score
- Two players continuously play the ball over
- until one of them is so close to the goal
- that he can score in the goal.
Variation 2-1 situation:
- Under pressure from the defender, the attackers must now play together and try to score.
- The defender can score a point by conquering the ball and then dribbling over the dead ball line.
- This is the short side without a goal.
- To practise running through the ball in motion (accepting in the run).
- 2 players stand in a line (e.g. sideline)
- and 1 player stands 10-20 metres away.
- The first player of the team runs a few metres and then passes the ball to the second player.
- and passes the ball to the person standing alone.
- He starts running roughly at the time of the pass.
- This way, he runs through the ball at the moment he takes over.
- The person who passed then moves to the 1-ling position
- The exercise can be made more difficult by lengthening the distance between passes In addition, a passing move can be made before the pass.
- A plays the ball to the incoming B
- B rebounds the ball
- A drives a little
- B offers himself wide and A plays the ball into the space to B
- Because of B's running action outside, C makes space by running inside.
- B accelerates during his running action with the ball over the back line.
- C has gone towards the dot
- B passes, C rounds off (one-touch).
Variation: Exercise 2x.
Start with a three-run.
- A floats with the ball, when A is halfway, he pushes the ball out of the run to B.
- B does the same (to C)
- Apply differentiation.
Possibly after this warm-up play another game of possession.