hockey drills for Ball control
- Divide the team into three groups per line.
- As stroke technique only allow: push, slide and short strokes.
- The strike force must be fast and HARD
- Assuming the ball remains in the stick (the stick should move slightly backwards).
- via a pilon pattern from the center line, the group must bring 3 balls from the center line to the 23 mtr line and bring them into the circle.
- One of the group members must receive the ball in the circle in the scoring zone and try to score.
- Player 1 runs with the ball to the circle and shoots
- Player 4 plays the ball to the left where player 2 and defender 1 are running in (2v1)
- Player 4 plays the ball to the right where player 3 and defender 2 come running in (3v2)
- Player 4 runs with a ball into the circle and finishes off the attack (4v2)
- The defender (1) plays the ball to the right back (2).
- Right half (3) pulls in and right front player (4) goes deep.
- Defender (2) plays a deep pass to the front right player (4).
- Front right player turns away and plays the ball back to the midfielder (3).
- Midfielder plays the ball back to the other central defender (5) who runs forward.
- Pass to the left back (6) and then repeat the same exercise over the right.
For the Hockey trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Hockey training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.