Hockey drills for ball control
- A starts with the ball and makes eye contact with B
- B moves on and indicates where he wants the ball and receives the ball from A
- He completes his turn and makes eye contact with C
- C starts running and gets the ball from B
- C runs into the circle and shoots at goal
- Execute exercise on the other side as well
- A stands in the box with her back facing towards the back line
- B calls a colour either Blue or Orange
- A runs first to the front pilon and taps the pilon. She then runs to the other same coloured pilon and runs around it.
- B runs a bit with the ball and gives a straight ball to A
- A controls the ball while running and takes the ball to the circle and lines up and shoots.
- The same on the other side
The player with the red pilon is ready for the long corner. This player plays the ball to the left and gives the ball to the player coming from the white pilon. The player of the white pilon plays the ball as hard as possible into the circle (towards the goal).
When the long corner is taken, the players try to run into the blue and orange pilon and intercept the ball. The player who intercepts the ball scores on the back line and the other player scores on the 23-m line. It becomes a 1 to 1.
Swap: Red - White - Blue - Orange - Red
Attention: The player who takes the long corner stands ready as if he himself is going towards the circle. Pass the ball hard and low towards the dot.
- Put out the columns as shown in the figure
- Spread the balls over pylon C and D.
- In this exercise you place a player at pylon C and D.
- The rest of the team will line up at pylon A.
- From A onwards, the player walks around the pylon
- From the post, the player makes a sideways movement facing the ball (facing C).
- Player C plays the ball in the forehand of A
- A takes the ball and turns right open
- A runs in the direction of the circle and finishes at goal.
- From here he runs to D and receives another ball.
- The player turns open to the left and finishes on goal again.
- Each team has 2 goals. (see rules triple hockey).
- 3 against 3 where 5x passes is 1 point (if the ball is intercepted, start counting again).
- possibly 3 against 2 games with 1 player (trainer?)
- always with the attacking team (complicated exercise!)
- Player A runs towards pylon 1 or 2, whichever player B designates.
- A runs back to his starting place.
- Then A plays the ball to B.
- Player B does the same
- Run with the ball and pass the pylo, then play the ball to your fellow player.
- Take the ball on the forehand and run to the pylon and pass.
- At the end of the exercise run back to the beginning
- Change sides after every turn.
- Divide the group in two.
- Everyone stands in his own free space.
- You can score points by dribbling to the pylon and return to the free space, this is 1 point.
- If you get tapped you have to go back, but it doesn't give you a point.
- After 2 minutes the 2 taggers are replaced.
- (first practice without ball and stick)
- You place 11 pylons at different distances, under each pylon you put a stack of city names.
- Each 2 tries to reach all 11 pylons as fast as possible.
- You dribble to a pylon, take a city map and take it back with you, tap the next one and it runs to another pylon.
- Each city you return to the trainer will be stamped on the 11 city card.
- Who reached the 11 cities first?
(first practice without ball and stick)