hockey drills for Dribbling
- Set up hats/pilons in such a way that they resemble a frying pan with a handle.
- The children are the eggs and dribble with the ball around the frying pan, they can always walk over the handle.
- The tagger is the cook, who likes to fry a delicious omelet with 3 eggs.
- So the cook tries to tag 3 eggs but is only allowed to walk over the handle 3 times.
- Each tagged egg is placed in the frying pan.
- How long does the cook need to tag the 3 eggs?
- All children dribble with the ball in a designated area.
- The trainer is 'mother/ father'.
- Regularly the children ask: "Mother what time is it?"
- If the mother mentions a random time, the kids just keep driving the ball.
- But when mother answers, "It's bedtime", all the children try to get out of the area as quickly as possible before they are tagged by the mother.
- Put the pilons as shown in the figure
- Spread the balls over pilons C and D.
- In this exercise you place a player at pilons C and D.
- The rest of the team will line up at pilon A.
- From A onwards, the player walks around the pilon
- From the post, the player makes a sideways movement facing the ball (facing C).
- Player C plays the ball in the forehand of A
- A takes the ball and turns right open
- A runs in the direction of the circle and finishes at goal.
- From here he runs to D and receives another ball.
- The player turns open to the left and finishes on goal again.
Passing and scoring
- Each pilon has a player on it.
- Player A plays wide to the left to player B and chases the ball.
- Player B plays the ball diagonally to the right to player C and chases the ball
- Player C plays wide to the left to player D and chases the ball
- Player D plays diagonally to the right the ball to player E and chases after the ball
- Player E takes on and scores with flat / stroke
- Player E continues to the left around the extra pilons (out of practice) back to position A
- Balls start on the left from position B (pilon/position A is omitted), before that a pilon is added to the edge circle (position F).
- player 1 plays the ball from position B diagonally to the right to player 2 at position C and chases the ball
- Player on C plays wide to left to player in position D and chases after the ball
- Player in position D plays the ball diagonally to the right to player E and chases after the ball
- Player in position E plays wide to the left to player in position F and chases the ball
- Player in position F takes on the fh or high bh and scores with a (backhand) stroke and
- Runs outside the exercise to start position (B)
- 2 rows of players behind pilons A and B
- Player 1 plays the ball wide to the left and runs straight to position C
- player 2 takes the ball and plays player 1 diagonally to the right in the fh while running (towards position C) and runs straight ahead towards position D.
- player 1 takes the ball in the fh around position C and plays the ball wide / backwards back to player 2 (towards position D) and runs to position E
- player 2 takes the ball (preferably with fh) and with foot position in direction E and plays the ball diagonally forward back to player 1 (direction E: rather just in the circle / edge circle than behind player 1)
- player 1 takes on and strikes / fats as fast as possible towards goal (do not bring the ball back) and runs outside exercise back to position B
Variation on 2:
- After that player 2 has delivered the ball to player 1 the 2nd time / last time, he / she becomes (passive) defender at the next set
- the defender is not allowed to go into the circle (or rather not even behind the line (position C/D) from where he/she started (position D)
- takes off the ball then floats over a line between position A and B.
- The 2 players that come up stay inside the box (width of pass lines) but are free in construction, they may also cross behind, cross over but no passes in the air (no lifts).
- the No. 1 scores and, just like the defender, runs outside back to another position. The No. 2 becomes defender
- hands apart while controlling
- foot positioning open
- control it for a follow-up pass or even a quick bounce back
- Score after 2 contacts (control, max 1 other touch)
- see hands/feet position/distance from the ball at hitting and flats accents
- indian dribble: make touches from FH/BH if you have control increase the speed
- dummy: drag the bal to your left food make a c pull with out the ball, drag the ball with your backhand to your righthand site and speed up
- 3d skill:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahig2BR72Do .
- it all starts with lifting of the ball in the air you make a move to change direction
For the Hockey trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Hockey training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.