Hockey drills for dribbling
Passing and scoring
- Each pilon has a player on it.
- Player A plays wide to the left to player B and chases the ball.
- Player B plays the ball diagonally to the right to player C and chases the ball
- Player C plays wide to the left to player D and chases the ball
- Player D plays diagonally to the right the ball to player E and chases after the ball
- Player E takes on and scores with flat / stroke
- Player E continues to the left around the extra pilons (out of practice) back to position A
- Balls start on the left from position B (pilon/position A is omitted), before that a pilon is added to the edge circle (position F).
- player 1 plays the ball from position B diagonally to the right to player 2 at position C and chases the ball
- Player on C plays wide to left to player in position D and chases after the ball
- Player in position D plays the ball diagonally to the right to player E and chases after the ball
- Player in position E plays wide to the left to player in position F and chases the ball
- Player in position F takes on the fh or high bh and scores with a (backhand) stroke and
- Runs outside the exercise to start position (B)
- 2 rows of players behind pilons A and B
- Player 1 plays the ball wide to the left and runs straight to position C
- player 2 takes the ball and plays player 1 diagonally to the right in the fh while running (towards position C) and runs straight ahead towards position D.
- player 1 takes the ball in the fh around position C and plays the ball wide / backwards back to player 2 (towards position D) and runs to position E
- player 2 takes the ball (preferably with fh) and with foot position in direction E and plays the ball diagonally forward back to player 1 (direction E: rather just in the circle / edge circle than behind player 1)
- player 1 takes on and strikes / fats as fast as possible towards goal (do not bring the ball back) and runs outside exercise back to position B
Variation on 2:
- After that player 2 has delivered the ball to player 1 the 2nd time / last time, he / she becomes (passive) defender at the next set
- the defender is not allowed to go into the circle (or rather not even behind the line (position C/D) from where he/she started (position D)
- takes off the ball then floats over a line between position A and B.
- The 2 players that come up stay inside the box (width of pass lines) but are free in construction, they may also cross behind, cross over but no passes in the air (no lifts).
- the No. 1 scores and, just like the defender, runs outside back to another position. The No. 2 becomes defender
- hands apart while controlling
- foot positioning open
- control it for a follow-up pass or even a quick bounce back
- Score after 2 contacts (control, max 1 other touch)
- see hands/feet position/distance from the ball at hitting and flats accents
- Player 2 runs in front of the defender (line of pilons).
- Then player 1 plays the ball to player 2 performing an open control and runs towards the circle.
- Then player 2 finishes the attack.
- The same happens to players 3 and 4.
- In this exercise you can switch between open/closed controls.
- indian dribble: make touches from FH/BH if you have control increase the speed
- dummy: drag the bal to your left food make a c pull with out the ball, drag the ball with your backhand to your righthand site and speed up
- 3d skill:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahig2BR72Do .
- it all starts with lifting of the ball in the air you make a move to change direction