hockey drills for Pass around player
- A is the striker and wants to shoot at goal
- B wants to defend the attacker and push to the other box with a jab.
- Tips defender:
- Stand so that the attacker can only go to one side.
- Put pressure in an effective way
- If they are in the other box, put a double with two
- Can intercept more often to keep the pace of the game at a high level
- A starts with the ball and runs up
- Encounters an opponent.
- B runs into the deep and gets a ball of A in the run
- C runs in and gets the ball from B in the run
- C takes the ball and runs towards the circle
- a player encounters an opponent there and passes the ball wide to the run-through A
- A walks in the direction of the circle and makes a choice or makes an action themselves
- Passes the pawns on the left and finishes on goal
- Or they choose to give the ball wide to the right to the run-through C
- Then C shoots at goal
- Technique exercise
- Learning the chop (if we don't have a water field we do another passing movement)
- You walk towards the bar
- Step over it yourself and tap the ball with your stick
- Because of this it goes in the air and therefore over the tray
- Then through the slalom and round off on goal
- Do the exercise several times
- Exercise with different lift passes.
- A runs to the bar and passes over the bar and gives a pass to B.
- B runs towards the ball and gives a lift pass to A.
- A has gone through to take the ball from B.
- A gives a hard flat towards C.
- C comes in front of the bar and lifts the ball in a movement over the beam bar accelerates towards the circle.
- C ball on the stick enters the circle.
- Aligning ball and shooting at goal
- Technique exercise
- 3 different actions we will refine and train further
- Exercise at A: Two lift actions with at the last one an acceleration to the circle (also practice with backhand lift)
- Exercise at B: Forehand turn them in steps to the left and from there turn them in the other direction and then accelerate towards the circle.
- Exercise at C: Entry exercise to the left and accelerate and the other side along it.
- They walk in the direction of the little v and step in with their left foot and let the ball go that way as well and bring it back and accelerate the other way and pull this acceleration through to the circle and then round it off.
- Exercise expand on both sides
- A gives a push to B
- B takes the ball closed because defender D is in his back.
- B accelerates dribbling with the ball on the stick along the pilons, D runs with B because he doesn't want B to go along.
- D may try to conquer the ball when B has passed the pilons.
- B wants to pass the ball to C. If D intercepts, he passes the ball to C so that the person can continue with the exercise.
- If B gets the ball to C, C will do the same and the defender E will defend. If E picks up the ball, he can finish at the goal.
- How to continue, A goes to the spot of B, B goes to the spot of D, D goes to the spot of C, C goes to the spot of E and E goes to the spot of A.
- Tips for the attackers
- Keep the ball close to you and screen it with your stick
- Pass the ball over the backhand side of your opponent
- Accelerate to make it harder for the defender to stop you
- Tips for the defenders
- Keep your stick on the ground, you can react much faster to what your opponent is doing
- Keep your opponent on the forehand and make sure the line is closed!
- Let the attacker make the mistake and then grab the pass.
- Guide your opponent in the direction where you want him/her to go
- The children are placed in 2 rows.
- The trainer stands just behind the 2 rows and rolls a ball forward.
- The front 2 players try to conquer the ball.
- The player in possession
- drives the ball towards the goal.
- The other tries to conquer the ball again.
- From a marked point, the ball may not be taken away and the player in possession makes a shot at goal.
For the Hockey trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Hockey training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.