Hockey drills for passing
- A2 plays first ball to A3 who is going to score after a trick play,
- Then the second ball comes from A1 to A2 who takes it in the stride and accelerates.
- And when the defender runs with it, a left handed lift ( reverse if not possible) and passes to A3 on the backline,
- Who also lifts with forehand and then makes the choice:
- at right angles, header, penalty spot
- or via A2 to two post for A1.
- Defenders can score in p1 and p2,
- Change after three goals.
- 2 x 2 defenders.
Emphasis is on good foot position during takeovers and being able to accelerate and lift, scan the surroundings of the ball and time the ball well and keep the body in between.
- Defence: focus on man coverage
- Attack: running in
- Exercise B+C
- B is about the left
- C is over the right
- A1 dribbles with ball to A2
- B guides player A, at 1,5 meter, backwards (open position).
- This is about footwork, so when A arrives at A2 he just lets A strike at goal.
- After the hit, A leaves the circle. B turns around and gets a ball from C. B takes a closed approach, turns open and plays the ball.
- B takes a closed approach, turns open and rounds the goal.
- Then the exercise starts on the right.
- A runs in and offers himself to the 2 pawns.
- B passes to A.
- A takes a closed pass and turns away strongly and accelerates using his forehand.
- Past the pawn A passes to C.
- D then comes in and receives the pass from C.
- Bigger finishing exercise with lots of meters.
- Turn over
- Open take,
- Accelerate & push pass from the run (if necessary, alternate the exercise with other techniques such as hit, push pass, backhand pass)
- Player 1 plays the ball to player 2 and player 1 runs on
- Player 2 bounces the ball back to player 1,
- Player 1 lines up the ball between the pawns (the player himself will not run in the "pawn box".
- Player 1 finishes the ball on goal.
- First pass wide
- players moves the ball inside other attacker move outside
- 2 options walking inside passing outside
Couples or with three players.
- focus on the grip of there hands, on your left hand you can read your watch.
- push your left hand forward
- Left food in front
- bend your knee
- left food in line with the ball
- left shoulder in line with left knee
- swing for a hit or slap