Hockey drills for passing
- The exercise is meant to simulate a game.
- It is therefore intended that one team consists of the defenders/defending midfielders and the other team consists of the attackers.
- The attackers can score in the normal goal (decide if they can hit high as in the game).
- The defending side can score by driving the ball.
- Over the line of the goals on the half way line.
- The attackers learn to play over and finish at goal and the defending side learns to defend to the outside.
- Open reception,
- Accelerate & push pass out of the barrel (alternate with other techniques such as stroke, push pass, backhand pass).
- A flats to B (A runs after own ball);
- B takes it open and runs around the pilon.
- B accelerates with the ball stuck to the stick and plays the ball through the gates to A.
open and closed receptions
- Number one calls "open" or "closed" and then plays the ball to number two.
- Number two comes running into the ball and takes it on according to what was called.
- Then number two calls "open" or "closed" and plays the ball to number three.
- Number three enters the ball and takes it on according to what was called again.
- Then number three runs over the back line into the circle and plays it at the head of the circle to number four.
- Number four finishes on target.
- put out a square as shown in the drawing.
- Make teams of 3 people.
- There must always be one pilon open.
- Start with the ball at person 1, person must always have 2 possibilities.
- If person 1 passes to person 3, person 2 must move one square.
- This is how the exercise continues.
- push, slap, hit, overhead, running lob
- FH: left hand forward, walk/run into the bal, open- closed control
- BH: receive with a high backhand run into direction of the ball
- Note: receive always on the move
- Purpose; passing over large distances, while running. Finishing and tackleback.
- A plays long pass to B,
- B drives the ball to the right and plays through to C who shoots at goal.
- Once the shot has been completed, the next player on A passes to D
- and D starts a dribble towards the goal (scoring past penalty spot),
- C defends this attack.
- Rotation: A1BCDA2
- Defender plays the ball to the right back.
- Right half pulls in and right front goes deep.
- Defender gives a deep pass on the right front.
- Right front turns away and plays the ball back on the midfielder.
- Midfielder puts the ball back on the other central defender who comes in.
- Pass to left back and then perform the same exercise as over right.
- 1 plays the ball using the bar to 2
2 runs in, controls the ball, moves towards the axis of the pitch and plays via the bar to 3
3 runs in, takes on and plays to the running-through number 2
2 Takes on and shoots (high) on target
Same for 4,5,6 if there are enough players for that
Press and hold 1-2-3-1 (or 1-2-3-4-5-6-1)
- 3 persons stand at the pilons and try not to let the player in the middle touch the ball.
- It is important that the diagonal pass is not made possible.
- So the players without the ball have to stand in the corners compared to the player with the ball.