hockey drills for Passing
- Player 1 passes the ball to player 2, player 1 walks halfway to the red pilon of player 2.
- Player 2 passes the ball back to player 1.
- Player 2 moves on to the blue pilon, player 1 passes the ball to player 2.
- Player 2 passes the ball to player 3 on the red pilon, player 2 walks halfway to the red pilon of player 3.
- Player 3 passes the ball back to player 2.
- Player 3 passes the ball to the blue pilon, player 2 passes the ball to the passed player 3.
- Continue until player 7 can finish on goal.
- Points of attention:
- Tight passing
- Always keep looking at the ball
- Good attitude for open assumption
- Player 1 passes the ball to player 2.
- Player 1 runs through to create a triangle between player 1,2 and 3.
- Player 2 passes the ball to player 1 who ran in, player 1 passes the ball to player 3.
- Player 2 runs through to create a triangle between player 2, 3 and 4
- Player 3 passes the ball to player 2, player 2 passes the ball to player 4.
- This is repeated until the ball reaches player 6, player 6 shoots on goal.
- Put the pilons further apart and possibly put flaps on the spot where the player has to run to when he/she has to run in
- More difficult:
- Move the pilons closer together.
- There are 2 passers on the PC points on the back line to the right and left of the goal.
- The player starts behind the 25 yard line, receives the ball from the left, gets the ball to the semi-circle and then has to score.
- This player then sprints past the penalty mark, then sprints back behind the 25 yard line, and then has to run back towards the goal to receive the pass from the other attacker (right) and do the same (scoring, sprint past the strokepunt/puntball point and back to the 25 yard line)
- Keeper on target
- Place 2 gates of pilons on the 23-metre line (the gates are on the left and right side of the goalposts)
- Player red starts on the head circle and accelerates with ball through the gates.
- Immediately after passing the gates, red passes to blue.
- Red sprints around a pilon to put pressure and/or take the ball away from blue.
- After receiving the ball, blue accelerates with ball and runs through the gates.
- If blue passes through the gates, red is not allowed to take the ball and has to go back to the pilon.
- Blue accelerates into the head circle and shoots at the goal.
- Make a triangle with pilons (2 meters between each pilon).
- Player red starts with ball at the pilon 5 meters away from the triangle.
- Player red passes to player blue while he dynamically moves towards and around the triangle.
- Player blue pivots the ball and plays the ball to player white.
- Player white plays the ball back to the starting point (red).
- During the exercise, each player runs behind his/her ball.
- A stands in the box with her back facing towards the back line
- B calls a colour either Blue or Orange
- A runs first to the front pilon and taps the pilon. She then runs to the other same coloured pilon and runs around it.
- B runs a bit with the ball and gives a straight ball to A
- A controls the ball while running and takes the ball to the circle and lines up and shoots.
- The same on the other side
- Put out the columns as shown in the figure
- Spread the balls over pylon C and D.
- In this exercise you place a player at pylon C and D.
- The rest of the team will line up at pylon A.
- From A onwards, the player walks around the pylon
- From the post, the player makes a sideways movement facing the ball (facing C).
- Player C plays the ball in the forehand of A
- A takes the ball and turns right open
- A runs in the direction of the circle and finishes at goal.
- From here he runs to D and receives another ball.
- The player turns open to the left and finishes on goal again.
For the Hockey trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Hockey training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.