Hockey drills for push pass
- To take on and pass at speed in movement.
- A pushes to B,
- A runs along the 23 meter line and gets the ball back from B.
- A takes on the run and passes immediately to C who comes up the sideline and passes immediately to D on the back line.
- If there are only 3, C runs to the back line.
- D takes on the ball and dribbles into the circle.
- D passes to head of circle (A)
- A gives a hard pass to B for tip in.
Variations 1. start on the other touchline so that the whole width of the field is covered. 2. do the same exercise the other way 3 A shot on goal and gets another rebound ball from B
- Transfer , quick assumptions and passing
- A does Indian dribble at the pawns
- Pass to B.
- B takes open and passes immediately to C who comes up along the sideline.
- C runs on to the back line and runs via the back line in the direction of the goal.
- C passes back to A at the head of the circle.
- A scores.
Points of attention:
- Clean passing
- Quick passing and
- Correct passing in the run
- From the other side
- Instead of dribble 3 D, introduce aerial dribble or passing moves (drag, dummy).
- B takes closed take instead of open take.
- C can come up unhanded along the back line,
- C, after taking the ball, passes straight to the far-post area where A goes.
- Bring in the rebound
- From B to C a high ball.
- Ball starts with player 1, who runs to the back line, turns close and passes the ball in the run to player 2.
- Player two runs towards the 23, makes a turn to the right and pushes the ball to player 3.
- Player 3 attempts to run towards header circle but retrieves the ball at the ion and passes to player 4.
- Player 4 runs towards the back line and passes the ball towards head circle.
- Player 3 has run on after the pass and has taken position between the head circle and the center spot and will choose from here between rounding or playing on the tip.
- Player 1 is ready for the tip.
- Direction of rotation in chronological order.
- There are 6 positions and a straight ball forward and a slanted ball back is given each time.
- The ball ends in front of the circle and the last player rounds on goal.
- Practice the clean passing of a ball the proper acceptance of a ball.
- Then the player finishes on target and runs to an action he has made.
- A pushes the ball to B. (look, aim and hit the forehand of your teammate)
- B takes the ball. (hands apart, standing actively, feet apart stick to the ground)
- B pushes the ball to C who accepts the ball and takes it straight to the other side.
- Take on the ball. ( ball on stick, hands apart, ball slightly in front of you)
- Lines up the ball and finishes on the goal.
- D pushes the ball when B has played the ball to C right away.
- B must therefore turn around immediately and pay attention.
- B takes the ball and makes a forehand pass
- B passes the ball to E.
- E takes the ball and gives another pass towards the 2nd post.
- C runs into the ball E gives and changes its direction.
- Depending on the level of the player, put a bit larger or smaller.
- Can also be mirrored with a backhand finish.
- Ball starts at red.
- White runs back to give support and gets the ball.
- When they take the ball, they accelerate to the side where blue has walked to.
- Red makes the point of the triangle backwards and is played.
- Blue runs deep and white goes to the head of the circle.
- Blue is played and passes the ball to the player on head circle who scores.
Points of attention:
- Acceleration on take-off
- After a pass follows a run
- High ball pace
- Look at what is happening and anticipate
- Searching for eye contact
Possibly expand to
- or 3:2
Drive and push
- A and B dribble simultaneously to the pawn
- Pass it on the outside
- Push the ball to the left
- Then the other 2
- Run deep
- A starts with the ball and pushes it to B
- B receives the ball and pushes it out wide
- C receives the ball and sees that B is running deep
- C pushes the ball back to B
- B receives the ball and flattens it on goal
- Player starts with a ball
- You as trainer call 1 colour
- In this case you call RED
- The player drives through the 2 red gates
- At the end she goes through the white gate and flattens the ball on goal.
- Technique course
- Player starts with the ball and does a slalom
- Drifts further and puts a dummy near the pawns
- Drifts around the pawn
- Dribbles towards the balk on the ground and lifts the ball over it
- Dribbles on and goes around the pawn
- Does a herring trick near the cones
- Then passes the ball on to the goal
- A starts with the ball and push the ball to B
- B takes the ball and pushes it back to A
- B runs around the cone
- A gives a lift pass to B who offers himself for the ball from A.
- B takes the ball and shoots at goal with a flat.
- 1 on 1
- A starts with the ball and is the defender
- A pushes the ball to B, B is the attacker
- B wants to score in the red goal (this is the backhand side of the opponent)
- A would rather have the opponent go to the other side
- Let them start hitting in such a way that you push your opponent towards their forehand