Korfball drills for all skills
- Place 5 hats around the basket.
- At 5 different distances from the basket. (max 6 meters, minimal 2 meters)
- Work with pairs.
- From each hat you may shoot twice.
- You always shoot a whole round.
- Which pair is first to score twice from all hats?
- You make a round, until you have scored from all spots.
- You shoot one round and catch the next round.
- One person shoots from in front of the basket.
- One person stands at the back left of a pawn, the other at the back right of a pawn, about 5 meters from the post and between each other.
- The one in front of the basket shoots.
- When the ball is loose, the two people in front of the basket start the rebound duel.
- When they have won the rebound 3 times, they may shoot.
- 3 or 4 players.
- On 8 meters opposite each other.
- Player 1 of the pair throws the ball to the other side and runs after it.
- Throw over and run after it.
- Player gets the ball back.
- Player swings out of the way and gets the ball back underhand. (all with 1 hand).
- Player makes half circle jump and plays ball back; player runs to the other side.
- Player gets ball from number 2 from behind and plays ball to the other side.
- 3 or 4 teams.
- Attacker, attacker, defender.
- Attacker practices different types of shots but now with pressure from a defender.
- Change after 10 goal attempts. (Each player keeps track of his shot percentage).
- Attacker (A) shoots from 6 meter on the move.
- Defender (V) gives light pressure.
- A makes virtual shot move and takes through ball.
- V also obstructs pass ball but has to give chance.
- A has choice between shot and through ball.
- V cooperates by making a clear choice.
- If 3 but fumbles after shot or walkthrough ball another chance under the post.
- Make 2 or 3 teams.
- Each team gets 10 pawns.
- The players shoot from their own chosen distances and put a pawn on each spot where they have scored.
- When one team has finished, the teams change baskets. (Even if the other baskets have not yet placed all 10 pawns).
- Now the players shoot the pawns away from the other team by scoring from that distance.
- Winner who shoots away the pawns first.
- Make 2 rows of players.
- Players walk towards each other and pass the ball.
- Shorten the passing distance until the ball is hanging still in the air.
- The passing is then more like a short tap.
- From 4-0 position to take action.
- You play around and create an attack opportunity in front of the basket.
- After the first action, start the second action.
- After second action, return to 4-0 position.
- Everyone stays in motion.
Actions to practice:
- Pass from 4-0.
See drawing for from 4-0 to 3-1 to 2-1-1.
Blue is 4-0.
- Player 1 throws to player 2.
- Player 1 puts in rebound.
- Player 3 fills in place of player 1.
- Player 4 behind the basket.
- Player 2 throws to player 1.
- Player 1 throws to player 2 or 3, they make an evasive move. (where possible shot).
Red is 3-1.
- Player 4 enters the support.
- Player 2 or 3 throws to 4.
- Player 2 and 3 make an action for a goal attempt.
- Player 1 catches a shot or makes sure she is away from a pass, can score via diversion after a missed pass.
- Player 4 makes a run through after a pass through.
- Players run/dribble around a set square. (poles/pawns, sufficient distance from each other).
- Players are given a list of commands in advance, with a corresponding number.
- The trainer calls out a number randomly, players carry out the assignment.
- You can adjust the number of missions and the missions themselves.
- Example of assignments.
- Tapping the ground.
- Jump in the air.
- Sprint to the next pole.
- 1 burpee.
- Backwards as if you are defending until the next pole/pawn.
- Players play 4-0 around the post.
- Player 1 takes the catch immediately after a pass.
- The next player to pass the ball takes the pass, but is "defended in front" and cannot avoid it.
- The player goes behind the post, the "defender" stays in front of the post, the player behind the post pulls away, gets the ball and shoots.
- Ball is caught, played out and the exercise is done again.
- This can be done with or without defenders.
- With defenders, the defenders must over-defend and stay in front of the post when the player moves backwards.
- Without defenders, make sure that attackers keep making the correct movements and do not immediately move backwards to move away, but only when they have been "pre-defended