Korfball drills for all skills
- Which pair is first at x number of shots.
- Each pair has 1 ball and takes turns shooting.
- All teams start shooting at the same time.
- Teams keep track of the number of goals they have scored.
- Each team makes the same prearranged shots.
- The game starts with each team having to score 2 goals.
- The first team to do so calls to the trainer.
- The coach stops the game.
- Everyone who has 2 goals at that moment, goes for the next round for 3 goals.
- All teams who have not scored 2 goals yet, start again with 2 goals.
- Now the teams have different goals.
- In the next round, each team must score one more goal than they scored in the previous round.
- This continues until one team has scored 10 goals.
- 1 pole with a pawn or ball on each side at 2 meters.
- When using pawns, the ball is at the first pawn and the player takes it to the next pawn and puts it back there.
- When using balls, the player puts the ball back at the original spot before going to the next pawn.
- Player starts at 5 meter before the basket, on start signal player sprints to the first pawn/ball.
- Player jumps back and forth as high as possible over the pawn/ball, catches the ball and scores from 2m.
- If the goal is missed the player jumps back and forth over the ball again and scores.
- If the goal is hit go to the next ball/pawn and repeat until the player has had all sides of the post.
- Can make it a competition in various ways, increase the distance from 2m to 3 or 4m, instead of jumping left-right to front-back.
- Original exercise is from Korfbalfit.
- Posts in a square
- One forward per pole
- Other players take through balls from the middle.
- Instead of completing the walkthrough, the player who came up to the post pulls away for a short distance.
- The player who came up to the goal runs through, takes off one more time, gets the ball and shoots.
- Change after every shot.
- Divide the group in two.
- Place the poles so that from the middle it is about 5 meters to each pole.
- One part of the group starts under a pole in the catch.
- The rest of the group starts in the middle, backs close to each other.
- Goal is to score on each pole.
- If you score on a pole you tap someone else and switch places.
- Until the player has scored on all posts.
- Hip and thigh stretch
- Sit on the left knee and put the right foot in front on that ground. (bend less than 90 degrees)
- Bring the torso forward and bend the right knee so that it slides towards the toes.
- Keeping the torso neutral, press the right hip forward and down so you feel stretch in the front of the thigh.
- Raise your arms and keep the shoulders relaxed.
- Arms down and hips back.
- Extend the right leg and bring your body forward.
- Put your hands on the floor next to the leg.
- Stay like this for 10 seconds.
- Do this 5 times for each leg.
- Twisting lower back stretch
- Lie on back and pull knees up, hands wide at shoulder height with palm facing down.
- Slowly turn your knees to the right.
- Return to the start position and then to the left.
- 5x on each side.
- You can also do this with one leg straight and lower the knee of the other leg over it. (is heavier)
- Gluteal stretch
- Lie on your back, bend the left leg and cross the right ankle over the left knee.
- Grab the back of the left thigh by the knee with your hands and gently pull the leg towards the right shoulder.
- Hold for 30 seconds, relax and repeat.
- Same, but for the other gluteal muscle.
- Lower abs, hip flexors and leg extensors
- Lie on your back with legs bent and press your back against the floor.
- Support with arms beside the body and press them firmly to the ground.
- Now stretch both legs straight forward until the heels are about 10 cm above the ground.
- Bend the legs again and bring them back to the starting position.
- Do this 8 times.
- Standing knee to chest stretch
- Stand on one leg and raise the knee of the other leg.
- Grasp the knee and pull it to your chest, then spring up with the other leg.
- Now switch legs.
- Each leg 10 times.
- Medicine ball throw (6 people)
- Stand up straight and hold the ball behind your head.
- Raise the ball above your head and throw it to your teammate.
- He/she brings the ball behind their head and throws it, back above their head and throws it to you again.
- Do this 20 times each.
- Push-up from a bench (5 people)
- Support with your hands on the bench.
- Feet on the floor.
- Push up 10x.
- Sit-up with the medicine ball (6 people)
- Lie on your back with legs bent and feet firmly on the floor.
- Ball on the floor above the head.
- Bring the arms forward and come up. (tighten the abdominal muscles)
- Throw the ball to the other player.
- Catch the ball and lower yourself down.
- Push-up (variation) (5 people)
- Stand up straight, breathe in and pull the navel in.
- Exhale and roll down vertebra by vertebra until hands touch the ground.
- Walk forward until the hands are under the shoulders.
- Inhale and contract the abdominal muscles.
- Squeeze the buttocks and legs together and extend the heels back.
- Walk with the feet towards the hands and come up.
- Then come back down from point 1.
- Do this 10 times.
- Try to score as much as possible on baskets.
- Try to prevent as many scoring opportunities as possible without getting sidelined.
- After each goal attempt, return to the starting pawn.
- It is not allowed to shoot defensively.
- If you cause a penalty throw (indicated by the declarer), you get one point in your rounds as attacker.
Stretching the tendons
- Place the feet side by side and extend the arms forward to stay balanced.
- Keep feet firmly on the ground and curl toes forward.
- Tense the abdominal muscles and squat down.
- Keep heels on the ground and chest upright as much as possible.
- Lean forward as little as possible.
- Exhale and come back up.
- Keep the whole foot on the ground as you come up.
- This tightens the leg muscles.
- Do this 5 times.
- Pull left knee to chest and extend right leg and hold that leg 15 cm above the floor.
- Put your left hand on your ankle and your right hand on the inside of the knee.
- Switch legs and hands twice.
- Do this 5 times.
- Stand upright with left leg in front of right leg.
- Raise your hands.
- Shift weight onto left foot and lift right knee up to hip level.
- At the same time, stand with left foot on toes and bring elbows down the side.
- Make your hands into fists.
- Stop at the highest point, hold for 2 seconds and return to the starting position.
- Do this 10 times with each leg.
Sit-up and/or sit-up with twist
- Start on your back with your legs bent and your feet flat on the floor and put your hands on your neck.
- Tighten the abdominal muscles and bring the torso up towards the knees. (Almost sitting up)
- Lower yourself down again.
- In the sit-up with twist, your left elbow goes to the right knee and vice versa.
- Do this 20 times.
Leg raises C24
- Lie on your back with arms along the side of your body and legs extended just above the floor.
- Raise both legs to about 90.
- Lower the legs to just above the ground.
- Do this 25 times.
- Sit down with your legs stretched out in front of you and your arms straight behind you.
- Fingers pointing forward.
- Press the hands against the floor and bring hips and buttocks up until the body forms a straight line from the shoulders.
- Raise one leg and hold for 30 seconds.
- Switch legs.
C14: Short Scissor Crunch
- Lie on your back and let your legs hang about 10 cm above the ground.
- Hands are just below the buttocks.
- Move your legs up and down quickly for about 20-30 cm without touching the ground.
- At the same time, lift your upper body.
- Do this with the scissor movement.
- For example, scissor up 2 times and scissor down 2 times.
- Do this for 30 seconds.
Mountain climb F4
- Start in the push-up position. (plank on hands)
- Come with 1 leg forward, with the knee as close to the chest as possible.
- Then return to starting position.
- Then the other leg.
- Do this with each leg 5 times.