Korfball drills for all skills
Moving with ball
- Hold the ball in front of you and walk / heels - buttocks / lift the knee
- Hold the ball above your head and slide / cross pass
- Holding the ball in front of you, take a big step forward and sink your knees to an angle of about 90°. (Lunges)
- Place a flag in the middle of a circle.
- Provide the circle with pawns spaced every 75-100 cm, depending on the level of the player/players.
- See also:
- Distribute the players around the circle between the cones;
- Start by 'jogging'between the cones (snake movement);
- Arms take turns (warming up)
- At the signal of the trainer ( whistle) short sprint to the flag in the middle and back again;
- 2x whistle sprint to the outside
- Next exercise :
- Zig-Zag (left to right) between the cones,
- Run sideways outside, and make rainbows (knee up) with the left foot over every cone
- Run sideways (inside) and make rainbows (knee up) over each cone (with right foot);
- Short dribble with the feet forwards and backwards between the cones, but keep on turning.
- Two players per basket.
- At five metres in front of the basket stands an attacker, who shoots 3x at the basket, each goal is two points.
- Underneath the basket is a rebounder.
- The rebounder under the basket must catch the ball within one bounce, otherwise one point is deducted from the total score.
- After three shots the rebounder becomes shooter and the shooter becomes rebounder.
- Which team will have 15 points first?
- Set up six baskets.
- Under each basket, a regular player with the ball, the other players at the centre spot.
- Other players make two through balls on each basket. After the round, change leaders, then another round.
- On each basket, make one fly ball to the left. After the round, change helpers, then another round.
- On each basket, make one fly ball to the right. After the round, switch players, then another round.
- One player for one minute
- Place four hats around the basket at about 3/4 of a meter, one in front, one on the left, one on the right and one behind the basket.
- The shooter starts in front of the basket.
- The receiver stands with the ball under the basket.
- The active player receives the ball and shoots, then walks directly to the next pawn next to the basket. Walk left for 1 minute and shoot on the move at each pawn.
- After one minute, switch from catch to active player.
- Do the same but walk to the right.
- Number 1 in front of the basket (6 meters),
- Number 2 with ball under the basket. 1 pawn left or right of the basket at about 4 to 6 metres.
- Number 2 throws the ball to number 1.
- Number 1 puts the ball on the ground and runs to the pawn and around it towards the basket.
- In the meantime, number 1 runs to the ball on the ground and passes it to number 2 for a deep pass.
- This is repeated until 8 balls have been made.
- The pace is important:
- The runners may not stand still, but you may not run too slowly.
- The timing of the passing must be correct.
- This consists of a loose walk-in for 5 to 10 minutes with various light movements for arms, legs and torso.
- By doing this you actively bring the function of the heart, lungs, nervous system and muscular system to a higher level than the resting level.
- Number 1 with the ball starts in front of the basket.
- Number 2 stands left or right in front of the basket.
- Number 1 throws to number 2 and then pulls away to the side where number 2 is not standing.
- So number 2 is on the left side of the basket, number 1 walks to the right side of the basket.
- Number 2 throws the ball to number 1, after which number 1 shoots.
- Number 1 must catch his own ball.
- During the shot of number 1, number 2 sprints to the pawn, which is on a random spot on the field.
- Place on the pitch depends on the child's level.
- If number 1 hits the ball, he/she gets one point, if number 1 catches the ball before number 2 reaches the cone, number 1 also gets one point.
- so possibility of getting 2 points
- Change function.
- The first to get 6 points wins (variation possible).
- Is the sprinting too easy: add an extra pawn, which increases the sprint distance and for example makes a fast turn.
- Start and finish line, caps are scattered around the field.
- The number of caps is the number of players in the team x 2.
- Caps are brought to the end line one by one, the team that finishes first wins.