Korfball drills for all skills
- Two pairs (the pairs from the last part of exercise 1) are going to play against each other between two baskets.
- Which pair scores the most in 4 minutes against the other pair?
- After 4 minutes rest for a moment and then again for 4 minutes against another pair.
- Two squares are going to play against each other between four baskets, one square defending two baskets and the other square defending the other two.
- Which pair shoots the most against the other pair?
- A goal may only be scored by means of a deep line (run through from deep) or by what was trained in the previous drill.
- Two persons per post (lady/lord).
- One near the pile at 3 meter, one player near the pile and one under the basket.
The ball is thrown from the basket, the player at the pile shoots from a backwards movement.
- It is the same as water-and-fire but in a korfball form.
- On the taggers' side are 5 poles.
- On the attackers' side are 10 balls.
- The attacking side must try to score 2 goals on all the poles.
- Then this pole is free and may not be used.
- But the tappers may tap the attackers.
- If a ticker taps an attacker, he is out.
- If he does not tap an attacker, the attacker is out.
- If an attacker is tagged when he just scored, all players who were tagged off are allowed to play again.
- If two players score on the same goalpost, all attackers are free again.
- When someone has scored, that ball is out of the game, so there are less and less balls and poles left, which makes it easier for the taggers and harder for the attackers.
- If all attackers or all tappers are finished then we turn the functions around.
- This game was invented by a boy on my team.
- He always wants to do water-and-fire, but we think we can better do another game that has to do with korfball, so throwing, catching, shooting etc. So he came up with this idea and I did. So he came up with this idea and I must say, it is hard to explain, but it looks very nice.
- The children learn to shoot further than they normally do, because they don't want to be tapped.
- They also learn to move as soon as they shoot, because there might be a ticker behind them.
- Boxes together, two players (men/ladies these are A(anvaller) and V(erdefender) in front of the picture) in the left corner in front of the basket.
- One player left (left behind the basket) next to it and one player right (right behind the basket) next to it.
- In the pair is an attacker and a defender.
- The attacker has the ball, places it next to him (left or right) and takes the rebound.
- The defender is going to make the rebound difficult but gives it away initially (this one defends in front).
- The player who does not get the ball fills the place of the attacker/rebounder.
- The two players in front of the basket take a shot after one or two doubles.
Who will get the most rebounds out of the five shots?
- 4 baskets in a square, one pair of the same sex next to a basket.
- The baskets are spaced 16 metres apart.
- The pairs of ladies and gentlemen face each other at a basket.
- There is one runner (shooter) and one server.
- The runner walks towards the opposite basket, the runners circle each other at the height of the centre, to score at their own basket: (changing function after an exercise)
- The player under the basket moves away, receives the ball (if the set-up is right, he receives the ball a bit diagonally), the player in front of the basket comes alongside and shoots.
- Same as above, only now the player in front of the basket gets next to it again and makes a through ball from the space without the ball.
- Same, only now no through ball is made, but there is a threat for the through ball and the player without the ball runs long (away from the puller and parallel to the basket) and makes the shot.
- Same, only now the shooter runs long again, and after running the long line comes through for the walkthrough ball without the ball.
- Reduce the attack space and divide into four squares.
- Players split into the four squares
- They play the ball around and change sides or diagonally
- They switch sides and diagonally. (attacking)
- Place one defender in the van and play on the second chance. (action after the shot)
- Two defenders, no manning under the basket when shot. (running rebound)
- Putting diagonal passing into play. (defenders attacking from the back).
- Change boxes during the game.
- 4/3 same assignments
- 4/4 set up NO REBOUND. Tackle the backfield (the backfield is the space where no attacking takes place).
- Take care of the signal.
- Dare to take the second chance.
- You can vary with time or ball contacts.