Korfball drills for all skills
- Stand 4 feet in front of the basket and shoot for one minute.
- Count the number of goals per person.
- Then change persons.
Take 30 passed balls together to get warm
- Player 1 throws to an oncoming player 2,
- This player throws the ball to the cone where he came from, to player 3 and joins the other cone.
- In case of threes, the pair starts without the ball.
- The player with the ball plays the ball with two hands to the player at the other cone, runs after the ball and joins the players at that cone.
- A simple and recognizable exercise.
- Developing speed from the throw is a possible point of attention to keep these exercises attractive for older players.
- In pairs you take turns shooting from a stand of about 6-8 metres.
- You shoot 3x per turn, at least 1 must be hit, otherwise you walk 3x around the basket from the shot point.
- Who is the first to score 10 times.
- The one who does this in the fewest turns is the winner.
- NB You can also use this exercise to test if there is progress in the shot percentage.
- Shooting exercise (-game) in which shots are made from different sides of the basket.
- Per basket one pair with one ball, or in case of lack of sufficient baskets 2 pairs with one ball each.
- At each basket, four pawns or other markers:
- 1 in front of and 1 behind the basket and 1 to the left and 1 to the right of the basket, always at about 6 metres distance.
- One of each pair starts under the basket.
- The other one's task is to score a goal as quickly as possible from each cone.
- After that, they will switch functions.
- Which pair will be quickest to complete their 'journey around the world'?
- The distances can be made larger or smaller. Or: score 2 goals with each pawn.
- Instead of shooting from standstill, you can also shoot from movement, or simply: take evasive balls.
- Filling in positions. In the 3v3 you are constantly filling in the function shot, pass or rebound.
- You can vary endlessly in this exercise.
- Do you play on the breakthrough, on the dodge, on the distance shot or do you look for it in small chances around the basket?
- The assignment can be: score a distance shot, a walk-through ball and a small chance.
- The defenders will change their tactics when one of the shots is ready.
- You are all in a row, the first 2 people get a ball.
- The intention is that the 2nd person in the row score earlier than the first stood.
- If that happens, the person who scored may join at the back and the person who lost may sit on the side.
- Does number 1 score first, he/she joins the back and gives the ball to the next person in line
- then he/she is number 2 and the one who was already busy becomes number 1
- Players stand in different groups at the pole and get a shooting assignment.
- E.g. score 3 times in a row without missing from 5 metres.
- The player who has done this can come to the middle and say higher or lower with his row of cards.
- This exercise is repeated until someone has finished his row of cards.
- In case of a wrong guess, the card is replaced by a spare card.