Korfball drills for all skills
- 4 squares under the basket.
- Stimulate spatial insight.
- Try to get them to play over with 4 squares under the basket.
- Also use defenders.
- You are not allowed to leave your square unless you swap with someone from another square.
- Meter shooting from 1 meter to about 4 to 5 meters.
- If you hit the ball one meter further.
- Everyone has his own ball
- Attacker defender
- Attacker starts running from the basket after the signal.
- After the second signal defender goes after him.
- Shoot as fast as possible because the attacker can pass the ball on signal 2.
- 3 baskets
- 3 teams of 2
- Shooting together or all baskets, all hit is winner.
- Expandable with different shot techniques.
- E.g. walk-through-ball-backwards-from-behind-the-basket.
- You can also extend the game by having the winning team score more than once. The winning team must score more than once until every team wins.
- Sometimes it can happen that several teams are standing at 1 basket.
What people often try with the older youth is a trick under the basket.
- There is 1 support with a defender
- behind that a catcher with 1 defender.
- The support plays off to the attacker in front of the basket, who first sprints to the side of the basket.
- Depending on which way the attacker sprints to the other side, the catcher must run up but then around the support to get rid of the opponent.
- The attacker plays under the basket to the released catcher under the basket.
Games with calling as goal and shot clock where there must be a shot within a certain time and also important that one may only hold the ball for up to 4 seconds
Various exercises are possible, especially it is important that the support plays the ball and the receiver immediately throws it back and goes after it
- 1 declarer throws the ball to the person in front of the basket then he takes a shot when the ball is caught under the basket he then goes inside and takes a walkthrough ball finally he takes a short chance afterwards.
Important: Tightplacement and quick release so that the ball can be walked on immediately.
- Point count:
- Shot counts 2x
- Walkthrough counts 1x
- Short chance counts 1x
- 4 teams at a pole, ball is played around (not too long) until someone goes for the catch.
- This happens after that person passes the ball.
- By this movement there is a hole in the 4-0,
- That hole is filled by a player who will then take a shot.
- The ball is caught by the rebounder and played out,
- rebounder gets away at the post and the 4-0 is restored.
- This is repeated.