Korfball drills for all skills
In short: practise passing the ball from difficult situations.
Organisation: three or four teams per basket, one or two people under the basket, two in front of it. After marking the ball, walk forward to make a fastball, i.e. turn around.
(a ) Bouncing balls, indicated by a bounce.
(b ) Signalling too late: take overhead walkthroughs.
(c ) Signalling too late: the runner runs (left or right) past the basket and raises the ball more or less sideways or diagonally backwards.
(d) Late tagging: the runner runs along the near post and flings the ball over the head into the basket with one hand.
(e ) Marking too late: the ball is taken in the jump.
f ) The ball is passed too early: a 'long pull' must be taken with a long moment of suspension in the movement.
g ) The ball is not thrown in but rolled (can also occur in matches when the ball is knocked out of hands, or after an unsuccessful bouncing ball for example).
h ) the ball is indicated from the side, after which a through ball follows
3 attackers with 1 ball and 1 defender. In a small square, the attackers have to play around as often as possible. When the defender intercepts (or just touches the ball) the count starts over. The defender who has had the least number of passes within 1 minute wins.
simple running exercises for warming up, in which concentration and reaction also play an important role. Organisation: Pairs in an empty, marked out space.
Walk behind each other in a steady pace, criss-crossing the whole room. Number 2 follows every movement of number 1 as fast as possible, keeping about 1 metre distance. After a while change.
As a., but now the front runner tries to lose the back runner by sudden feints and/or tempo changes.
As a., but now other movements are also allowed: cross passes, jumping, lying down quickly and getting up again, etc.
- Perform the same exercises with music
- Do the same exercises in groups of three or four. In this form, 'comical' situations will certainly occur now and then. It doesn't have much to do with korfball then.
- No more pairs: everyone walks freely through each other. The players walk towards each other, feint and then pass to the left.
- Like d., but now passing on the right
- Like d., but now they turn around each other and walk back.
- Special exercise for getting used to the hall: walk criss-cross through the whole hall, but not touching any line. Especially in halls with a lot of lines on the floor this is a good and fun exercise to get the 'contact with the hall' back in the legs.
- Like g., but now keep walking on the lines.
Divide the players over the baskets.
To score first 21 times by taking short shots from under the basket (alternating). Last shot must be scored backwards.
- -1 when the ball collides with the ground more than once
- When the person who is not supposed to shoot catches the ball for another person.
- -1 when the person who is not supposed to shoot shoots
Divide the players among the baskets. Put 2 pawns about 7 meters in front of the basket and about 5 meters apart.
When 4 players per basket:
- 1 attacker under the basket
- 1 rebounder
- Other player(s) at the top of the pawns.
- Ball starts with the player(s) at the top
Player at the top of the pawn passes the ball to the declarer, walks towards the second pawn and receives the ball from the declarer in the run (and on the outside hand). Player makes a run through after changing hands (important that the player first points to the basket - shot threat - before playing the ball inside with the hand change). Rebounder catches the ball.
Passing on: player who took the pass becomes rebounder, rebounder becomes attacker and attacker goes up to make the pass.
With 3 players at the basket, 1 attacker with the ball under the basket and 2 players who shoot the ball in motion (minimum distance 3 meters
The attacker who is first to score 3 goals may remain in front of the basket and the attacker who has lost the game must take the place of the attacker.
- Make 2 squares of 4.
- The attack takes the ball from the trainers.
- When the defence has intercepted the ball, they first pass it back to the trainers.
- When a goal is scored, the team gets a bonus and can take the ball back out.
- Short chances under the post.
- One person plays the ball to another and gets it back immediately when he moves backwards.
- He shoots (short chance).
- The next one catches it, passes to another, gets it back and shoots.
- All players line up.
- The first two players have a ball.
- Player 1 starts shooting, when he has shot, player 2 may also start.
- If 1 scores before 2, he may go to the back.
- If 2 scores before 1, 1 is out and must go to the side.
- The last two players must start at the same time and score 3 times.
- The one who gets 3 first wins.