Korfball drills for all skills
Let's get used to the field.
Three poles in a triangle. Three running players. From the pillon you push. Remember technique.
1) take a walk through ball. Scoring three is substitution2
) Take neighbourhood ball. Scoring one is exchanging3)
Walk through ball overhead4
) Walk through ball backwards5
) score 10 together.
Setup: O v * * = pilon O = basket
* v O
- Distance between the pile and the basket is +/- 10 meter.
- At every pole stands 1 attacker with the ball.
- At 1 meter from the pylon stands 1 defender (you must be able to touch the attacker by the shoulder).
- The player tries to pass the ball.
- By changing tempo she tries to pass the defender first.
- Defender follows, but lets her pass.
- From pole 1 the attacker continues to pole 2 and makes a new attempt at pole 2.
- We do this for 1 to 2 minutes per person.
- 2 attackers at the same time
- When scoring twice, switch to pass.
- Defender goes for preventing shot. Attackers can choose for walk through ball, dodge and/or distance with step behind.
- adjust time
- Multiple posts/pillars/players.
- Place the hats about 6 meters apart. Divide the group in 2.
- In case of five a group of three and a group of two.
- Goal is to keep the ball in the middle of the hats at all times.
- As soon as a player receives the ball, the player from the other side must be at the same level as the middle.
- After passing the ball, join the back of the queue at the other side.
- NB: nobody stands still and estimate well.
- Do not arrive too early or too late.
- Throw from the move.
- After five minutes also go the other way (left hand side).
- One person passes under the basket,
- the other moves back and forth between 2 cones and is played every time he reaches a cone.
Practice with 4 players the free ball. Use 3 persons for the attack. Person 1 takes the free ball, person 2 and 3 pass. Person 4 defends the free ball on person 1.
- pass under the basket
- pass next to basket
- Attacker moves away from the basket and shoots directly.
- 10 goals (whoever is the fastest) first team to win twice
- 10 penalty shots in a row
- shot 3 times in a row.
- 1 attacker throws the ball to the person in front of the basket then he shoots the ball when he catches the ball under the basket he then goes inside and takes a walkthrough ball finally he takes a short chance.
- Point count:
- Shot counts 2x
- Walkthrough counts 1x
- Short chance counts 1x
- You can play this like this, for example, who is first to the 20 or
- 1min long and then look per basket who has the most points
- 2 feet straight ahead in the boxes 5x
- 2 boxes forward and 1 backward 3x
- 2 feet backwards in the compartments 5x
- 1 foot per section and finish with sprint of 5 metres 3x
Extra material: ribbons.
The game is played with 8 players, if more are present, then the players are changed after each attack. Everyone will be changed once, even if it means that a lady will play against a gentleman.
During the game (4 against 4) the emphasis is on what has been learned during the training: throwing and catching in a 4-0 situation. The defense is passive. Before a player walks to the basket, he must first pass the ball 10 times.