Korfball drills for all skills
4 children stand next to each other, about 5 meters apart.
1 child goes to work:
Receives the ball at the first cone, returns it to the player across, and runs on to the second cone and so on.
At the back cone he returns 100% sprint.
First all passes with left, then right, then 2 hands, then throw high in the air and throw back in the air.
A trio must pass the ball to each other in a square.
Always someone has to walk on the free cone. ATTENTION: there must always be 2 touch points.
The same as with the through ball, but with a dodge.
First all shots on the left and then on the right.
Organization:Place 3 poles in a triangle, about 8 meters apart. In the middle of that square, place 1 pawn in the triangle, about 2 meters apart.
There are 3 children standing under the basket and the others are going to take 3 minutes of through balls. Every time they have done that, they walk back to the middle and find another basket.
After those 3 minutes, the attackers change.
Who will get the most in the 3 minutes?
the pace must be high!
In short: various games of tag.
Overlap. The players stand on one long side of a rectangular area (about the size of a gymnasium). The rat runs somewhere in the middle of the area. When the trainer tells them to, all players must run over to the other long side. The scapegoat tries to catch as many players as possible. When they get through the area, they have to wait for the next signal to go back. Who is not tagged in 6 times? This game of tag can also serve as a playful exercise in defending.
Practice with 4 players the free ball. Use 3 persons for the attack. Person 1 takes the free ball, person 2 and 3 pass. Person 4 will defend the free ball on person 1.
- 2 groups in a row
- All starts with the front person
- He passes the ball over his head backwards, the next one under his legs etc.
- Which group is first to the other side?
- If you drop the ball you have to start over with the whole group.
To learn to make a free run so that the player is ready to play the ball.
Points of attention
The moment of free running is important, it has to happen at the moment the ball can be thrown. The feint enters the picture. The feint suggests that you are going to do something to which the opponent is going to react, after which the final movement is carried out For example, a body movement is made to the left, the defender moves to the left but the attacker does not complete the movement and moves to the right The result is that the attacker is free.
The game is played in teams of four with a basket and a ball. Two people stand about 6 to 8 metres from each other, an attacker and a defender walk between them. The attacker must try to play together with the people on the fixed position. The basket is placed just outside the line of the regular players. The aim is that the attacker passes on the ball as much as possible to the regular players within a certain time. The defender must try to intercept the ball.
1. The attacker may score on the basket after passing the ball several times2
. If he also scores, he gets an extra point. If the defender intercepts the ball, there is a change of position.
1. There are two baskets with a supporting player underneath with the ball. Between the baskets are an attacker and a defender. The attacker may score on both baskets.
2. A supporting player stands about 6 to 8 meters in front of the basket. An attacker and a defender stand between the basket and the supporting player. The defender is only trying to intercept. The attacker tries to get free so that he can play the ball. If he succeeds in doing so, he can score freely at the basket. So it is important to get free close to the basket.
Tip for the coach:
1. Always try to make a rotation schedule so that the winning or scoring players are rewarded. But also the weaker brothers must be able to practice.
2. Keep it attractive by offering different forms that give a chance to score or win, there must be an element of competition in it. Then it remains exciting.
3. Try to put players of the same level together. Fair competition.
4. It is also important that children experience success, which means that they feel that they can do something (well). If everything always fails, it's no fun.
Use of space
Make the players aware of the space within the field of play and how to use it.
Points of attention
Choosing a useful position so that the player can play and/or score.
Within the playing field there are two circles (often there are already lines in the hall, e.g. for basketball), the circles are playable all around (just like the basket). A goal can be scored when a player bounces the ball in the circle and a teammate catches the ball. Further rules are the same as for korfball.
1. It is also possible to play with one circle. After this, the party may attack.
2. After a score, the ball may be played on by the party that has possession of the ball.
2. It is also possible to play with for example 4 circles. When playing with multiple circles, the circles can also be smaller, such as a hoop or a bicycle tire. The overview that the players have becomes more and more important.
Tip for the coach:
1. Pay attention to the timing of throwing and free running.
2. The space for free running is also determined by the defenders (the opponents).
3. Try to make a connection between the forms of practice and games, e.g. throwing two-handed was taught, the final game is hunter ball where you have to throw with two hands.
4. Make sure you build up the training material from easy to more difficult.
Rules of the game:
The defender may try to block the ball by provoking the attacker to throw against his hand. The defender's arm may not move in the direction of the attacker, but only in the path of the ball. The ball does not have to be released by the attacker during blocking.