Korfball drills for all skills
- A player starts under the basket with the ball.
- Another player moves in front from left to right or right to left.
- The player with the ball throws to the other player.
- The player who threw the ball goes forward and gets the ball from the other player.
- The player who has the ball now shoots and the other catches it from space.
- This way you start all over again.
We are going to explain again what exactly the rules and progression of 8x8 is!
- 2x 12,5 minutes and then switch from offense to defense or from defense to offense.
- Stay in your section and do not run to the attack or defence.
Make two sections and let the leader Kyra do her job. Just like a match. And then explain some extra things about being a captain.
- Go to the referee after the match to thank him for blowing the whistle.
- After the whistle, walk to the halfway line and shake hands with the other captain, the coach of the other team and the referee and wish them a good game.
- Choose the side to attack.
- How to warm up and shoot.
- Steering the team to set everything up.
And finally we will play a game!
Two cones and a pole in a triangle.
- Player 1 throws to player 2 opposite him and runs after the ball.
- Player 2 throws the ball to player 3 at the pole.
- Player 2 takes a runthrough.
- You make a box,
- in which stands an attacker,
- The attacker must keep moving in the box while a defender runs alongside.
- 1 person always plays the ball.
- The defender looks at the ball and tries to catch it.
- Every time the attacker catches the ball, someone else comes into the box.
- When the defender catches the ball, he throws it back and you try again.
- Place 3 baskets alongside each other and divide the group between those baskets.
- Explain what you have to do at each basket, for example:
- distance shots
- short chance
Do this for e.g. 2 minutes per basket, the player who has scored the most will be rewarded with a game to choose from.
- Set up 3 posts in a triangle at the edge of the field, under each post a person who supplies the ball without it.
- At a good distance from the post you place a pawn and the rest of the players with the ball are placed near the pawn.
- You throw the ball to the middle basket and make a run through on this post.
- The person who throws in catches the ball.
- The catcher throws the ball after 1 of the 2 korfballs (free basket) and also takes a run through here.
To be adapted by:
- 1st post pass
- 2nd pole in/out shot
- 1st post short chance passer
- 2nd pole wide run shot
- You have a pair at each pole, so the amount of poles depends on the size of the group.
- Everyone starts by scoring twice on the pole.
- When they have done this, they go to the next pole.
- It can happen that two groups are standing at the same pole, this is because they don't all have to turn.
- The pairs only have to turn when they have scored twice.
- 3 times shooting then change shooter
Place a pawn in front of the pole at a good distance for your team.
In short: nice shooting exercise with a lot of running.
Organisation: the baskets are placed in a circle. At each basket stands a server with a ball. The rest of the players stand in the middle of the circle (the middle must be clearly recognisable).
In the hall there is often a circle, on the field a pylon must be placed.
The number of baskets is very precise: aim for 2 baskets per 5 players.
- The players in the centre circle are instructed to hit one of the baskets with a walkthrough, it doesn't matter which one.
- Since there are slightly more players in the circle than there are free baskets, it is important to find a free basket quickly.
- When you are not quick enough, you have to wait a bit.
- And when Johnny is already on his way to a basket, but is passed at the last moment by Marietje, who is running faster, Johnny has to go back to the centre circle and try again from there.
- Everyone catches his own ball.
- After the signal everyone runs through the centre circle or around the pylon to find a free basket again as soon as possible.
b ) As a., but now with the assignment: Who will score 10 goals first?
Even the players who first thought: 'Never mind, he runs faster than me' will now try to be the first to get to the free basket. Make sure that the players do not 'cut off' by not going through the centre circle or around the pylon.
c ) Like b., but with the assignment: 'Who will be first to score a goal at each basket?
d ) Same as b., but with overhead walkthroughs.
e ) As b., but a 'take-over' situation follows: the runner from the centre circle, after having received the ball, plays the ball back to the declarer who started away from the post. The original declarer must try to score from this start. Who scores 5 goals first?
f ) As b., but the runner takes balls out of the way (left or right, distances not too great). The declarer also catches the shot. The runner runs to the basket and gets the ball from the catcher, who will rush to the centre to try again, because: who scores 5 goals first?
Take a walkthrough
Take a dodge ball in front
Take a through ball
Take a dodge ball at the back
When everyone has been there, they swap with the one under the basket and then they get to run around.