Korfball drills for all skills
2) Jumping in and out of the hoop
3) Sprint between 2 cones
4) Force ball over head and back down
5) Penalty throw
6) Jump between 2 cones with jump ball
8) Rotate ball around body
9) 4 cones, pull-up pass, sprint, pull-up pass and run backwards
Per 2 teams both score a goal. When both score, move to the left to the next basket, regardless if the team next to you has already finished. Who is first back to his own basket and scores again.
2 for 2
- Game over 2 baskets. Play on until first 2 team has 3 goals.
- All other pairs stop immediately.
- In case of a tie, the first team to score a tie wins.
- At 0-0 stop.
- Winners to the left losers to the right.
1. 5 chances to score from close range, then across the field around the pilot and back. Again 5 chances to score from close range and back and forth around the pilot. Then blow the whistle to signal the substitution (time saving exercise).
2. Take balls from 8m onwards.
3. Take penalty throws (2,5m)
4. Shooting calmly from behind the basket (4m) from pilot to pilot (3m)
5. Shooting on the move at 6m from pilot to pilot (5m)
6. District shot 8m (left and right alternate) always start at the pilot (2m)
7. Turn around the basket for a short chance and start at the pilot (4m).
8. Quick goals
The organisation in the following exercises is that two players face each other. One ball per pair. The distance can be varied, but players should not practice at maximum distance. Do not let the players stand too 'stiff', they must be able to move freely and relaxed.
Players throw the ball to each other with two hands and catch with two hands. Position at chest height. Pay attention to either throwing or catching, not both at the same time.
Variations: which pair can throw back and forth 25 times the fastest, who can pass the ball over the most without dropping it.
As exercise 1, but pass the ball a little higher, not so high that you have to jump, so just above your head. Pay special attention to the catch and the position of the thumbs, a little closer together than in exercise 1.
Like exercise 1, but the ball is played at knee height. Pay special attention to the pins, slightly closer together and pointing to the ground.
Have the players stand a little closer to each other and bounce the ball over.
Players alternately throw the ball high, low, with a bounce or at chest height.
The same exercises can be performed at a greater distance. A nice variation is to have the players start close to each other and after 3 good tosses take a small step further apart. After a while the players
they will get far apart and the maximum distance will be reached. Let players throw at most 3 times at maximum distance, certainly not more or further.
- Push-ups : 5x men's version
- Plank : 20 sec. Pay attention: do not sag in the hips, straight line, elbows under shoulders
- Jump squat 8x with weights
- Super man 10x note: no twisting in the hip, straight line, hands under shoulders, balance
- Seal 8x attention: keep arms and legs just above the ground
- Shoulder shift 5x arms next to body with weight, up to the shoulder, and then above your head and hold it for a while
Setup: O v * * = pilon O = basket
* v O
Distance between the pile and the basket is +/- 10 meter.
At every pole stands 1 forward with ball
At +/- 4 meter from the pool stands 1 defender.
The player tries to make a through ball. By changing speed, she tries to pass the defender first. Defender follows, but lets her pass. From pole 1 the attacker moves on to pole 2 and makes a new attempt at pole 2.
- 2 attackers at the same time
- When scoring twice, switch to pass.
- Defender goes for preventing shot. Attackers can choose for walk through ball, dodge and/or distance with step behind.
- adjust time
- Multiple posts/pillars/players.
In short: nice shooting exercise with a lot of running.
Organisation: the baskets are placed in a circle. At each basket stands a server with a ball. The rest of the players stand in the middle of the circle (the middle must be clearly recognisable).
In the hall there is often a circle, on the field a pylon must be placed). The number of baskets is very precise: aim for 2 baskets per 5 players.
a ) The players in the centre circle are instructed to shoot through balls to one of the baskets, it doesn't matter which one. Since there are slightly more players in the circle than there are free baskets, it is important to find a free basket quickly. When you are not quick enough, you have to wait a bit. And when Johnny is already on his way to a basket, but is passed at the last moment by Marietje, who is running faster, Johnny has to go back to the centre circle and try again from there. Everyone catches his own ball. After the signal everyone runs through the centre circle or around the pylon to find a free basket again as soon as possible.
b ) As a., but now with the assignment: Who will score 10 goals first? Even the players who first thought: 'Never mind, he runs faster than me' will now try to be the first to get to the free basket. Make sure that the players do not 'cut off' by not going through the centre circle or around the pylon.
c ) Like b., but with the assignment: 'Who will be first to score a goal at each basket?
d ) Same as b., but with overhead walkthroughs.
e ) As b., but a 'takeover situation' follows: the runner from the centre circle, after having received the ball, plays the ball back to the declarer who started away from the post. The original declarer must try to score from this start. Who scores 5 goals first?
f ) As b., but the runner takes balls out of the way (left or right, distances not too great). The declarer also catches the shot. The runner runs to the basket and gets the ball from the receiver, who will hurry to try again from the centre, because: who has scored 5 times first?
g ) As f., but after the dodge no shot follows: the ball goes back to the receiver who started at the basket. He shoots with a quarter/half turn. The shooter runs back to the middle, the other person (of course) catches the ball. Variation: The exercise can also be done with defenders present. The defenders have a thankless task: the attacker has a choice of a large number of baskets. Which attacker will be first to score 10 walk-throughs or 5 goals from ducks?
Most korfball players find the above a nice relaxed exercise, which is very suitable to start a training session with, they can use as much energy as they need. When the time has come to really put everyone to work, the next step is to score a goal:
At a distance of +/- 15 meter make two sections with 4 hats of 1,5 x 1,5 meter.
Make two teams with an equal number of players.
Each team has its own section.
The other team tries to conquer the box of the other.
This happens when one attacker stands in the box of the other and gets the ball from a teammate.
They get 1 point. No other players are allowed to stand in the box.
When the defence intercepts the ball, they may immediately open the attack on the compartment of the opposite team.
- on time
- on points
- from both teams 1 player allowed in the box
- no limit on number of defenders in section
- no limit on number of attackers in section
- adjust size of section
- distance between squares