Korfball drills for attack / score
- 2 kids lie next to each other
- first defender starts
- then attacker for a walkthrough.
- After that the attacker may start first instead of the defender.
- 4 teams at a pole, ball is played around (not too long) until someone goes for the catch.
- by this movement there is a hole in the 4-0,
- That hole is filled by a player who will then take a shot.
- After the rebounder has caught the first shot, he/she will immediately look for a free team-mate at the back of the game.
- this is how 'the second chance' is created.
- rebounder stays standing and catches the ball again, plays it off and moves away from the post himself.
- It is important in this exercise that all four players are on the move,
- When the first player takes a shot, the player at the back of the net must already be freeing themselves and getting ready to take the second shot.
- 1 declarer throws the ball to the person in front of the basket
- he then makes a shot when the ball is caught
- under the basket he then goes inside
- and takes a walkthrough ball
- finally, he takes a short chance
- you can play this like this, for example, who is the first to the 20
- Two teams,
- 4 poles,
- each with their own post
- and you're gonna be two to one with the others.
- Two baskets facing each other and two teams.
- Practicing how to do it in the matches.
- as a defender:
- rear (under the basket)
- front (under basket)
- I see you (under basket) other lady on it
- gone (if you called first, in front of/behind)
- beside you
The exercise starts in the 4-0 formation.
- The ball is passed from player 1 to player 2, after which player 1 fills the rebound-position.
- Player 3 fills the gap left by player 1 by connecting to the front.
- This creates space for player 4 to connect behind the basket.
- With this the 3-1 is realised, players 2,3 and 4 form a triangle around the basket.
The next step is to make a pass, so towards the 2-2.
- Player 2 passes the ball to player 3, and player 4 passes to him.
- Timing is very important here.
- Player 4, the attacker, must pass to the attacker just in time.
- If he is too early, his defender can pass to him, if he is too late the defender of player 3 can recover his defensive position.
- The perfect timing is therefore that player 3 can pass the ball as soon as he receives it, and that player 4 is not waiting for the ball.
- As soon as player 4 with the ball is in the passing position, both shooters, players 2 and 3, have to make an action to get a shot.
- This can be a dodging move or a wide move.
- The initiator, player 4, chooses a shooter (in the video player 2) and passes the ball to the shooter.
- The shooter takes a shot, and the rebounder, player 1, catches the ball.
- The player who did not make the shot (in the video, player 3) keeps moving and gets the ball as soon as he is caught by player 1, and still makes the shot.
- This can be called the bonus shot. Why is this shot important?
- It forces both players to keep moving, and they get a reward in the form of a shot. Player 1 catches the ball again, and the exercise is over.
Everyone turns one spot and the exercise can start again.
- You start with 3 players at a pole.
- Number 1 runs aside, gets the ball and shoots, then the one under the post (player 3) catches the ball.
- At that moment player 2 has to cut in front of player 1 and run for the second chance.
- Continue this way until one of the two has made three.
- The loser changes places with the one under the basket, a winner may stay at the basket a maximum of 3 times.
- There are 3 posts placed in a triangle, pointing to the centre of the triangle.
- The defenders try to prevent the attacker from scoring.
- Do this until the attacker has scored twice or 1 minute has passed and then turn around.