Korfball drills for attack / score
- Basic is the same as dynamic attack part 1,
- however, after the rebounder has caught the first shot, he/she will immediately look for a free team-mate at the back of the game.
- in this way, 'the second chance' is created.
- rebounder stays standing and catches the ball again, plays it off and moves away from the post himself.
- It is important in this exercise that all four players are on the move,
- When the first player takes a shot, the player at the back of the net must already be freeing themselves and getting ready to take the second shot.
- exercises dynamic attack 1 and 2 are performed with defenders,
- attackers have to be good at moving and getting free of their opponent.
- If the first shot does not work, a deep line can be run.
- It is important that the first pass after the rebounder has position should bepassed for a shot.
- If the team-mates are not free enough, the ball will not be passed.
- Shooting exercise (-game) in which shots are made from different sides of the basket.
- Per basket one pair with one ball, or in case of lack of sufficient baskets 2 pairs with one ball each.
- At each basket four pawns or other markers:
- 1 in front of and 1 behind the basket and
- 1 left and 1 right of the basket,
- always at about 6 metres distance.
- One of each pair starts under the basket.
- The other one's task is to score a goal from every pawn as quickly as possible.
- After that, they will switch functions.
- Which pair will be quickest to finish 'the trip around the world'?
- The penalty throw can be practiced immediately in its entirety.
- The pressure of having to score at the penalty box can be imitated in different ways:
- Scoring ten in a row, counting again if missed.
- Which group will have the highest number of penalty throw, score 2 points and miss 1 point,
- who is the first to have 20 points,
- which player scores the most in 10 attempts.
- This exercise is all about technique.
- Also in the game only the technique is decisive whether or not a player scores.
- There is no time factor or defender.
- Set up the exercises so that it is not the time that is important, but the efficiency.
In short: practice various forms of the shot in a fun competition format.
- Each group has a basket and a ball, the baskets should preferably (but not necessarily) be arranged in a circle or rectangle.
- The number of people per group is less important (all groups should be about the same size).
The first assignment for the groups is:
- score 10 goals with a walkthrough.
- When you are done, the creator of the last goal goes to the trainer to get the next assignment.
- Which group will have completed all assignments first?
The trainer walks around in the mean time,
- giving encouragement or correcting here and there.
- He has a piece of paper with a list of assignments.
- When someone comes to get the next assignment, first ask him which assignment he just did (it can vary a lot after a while) and then give the next one.
- A sample list:
- 10 passing balls,
- 15 penalty shots,
- 10 shots from 5 meters,
- 10 through balls from behind the basket,
- 5 dodge balls next to the post,
- 5 shots from 4 meters behind the basket,
- 5 small chances with 1 hand.
- Everything is possible of course, a lot of momentum comes when the number of goals to be scored is kept small.
- Practicing various forms of the shot in a fun competition format.
- Each group has a basket and a ball, the baskets are next to each other.
- The first assignment for the groups is: score 10 goals.
- In the meantime the trainer walks around all over the place, giving encouragement or correcting here and there.
- He has a piece of paper with a list of instructions.
- If someone comes to get the next assignment, first ask which assignment has just been completed (this can vary considerably over time) and then give the next assignment.
- Make 10 goals, in front of the basket.
- Throw over 15 times with 2 hands.
- Scoring 8 goals, behind the basket
- Pass the ball 15 times with 1 hand.
The exercise starts in the 4-0 formation. The ball is passed from player 1 to player 2, after which player 1 fills the rebound-position. Player 3 fills the gap left by player 1 by connecting to the front. This creates space for player 4 to connect behind the basket. With this the 3-1 is realised, players 2,3 and 4 form a triangle around the basket.
The next step is to make a pass, so towards the 2-2. Player 2 passes the ball to player 3, and player 4 passes to him. Timing is very important here. Player 4, the attacker, must pass to the attacker just in time. If he is too early, his defender can pass to him, if he is too late the defender of player 3 can recover his defensive position. The perfect timing is therefore that player 3 can pass the ball as soon as he receives it, and that player 4 is not waiting for the ball.
As soon as player 4 with the ball is in the passing position, both shooters, players 2 and 3, have to make an action to get a shot. This can be a dodging move or a wide move. The initiator, player 4, chooses a shooter (in the video player 2) and passes the ball to the shooter. The shooter takes a shot, and the rebounder, player 1, catches the ball. The player who did not make the shot (in the video, player 3) keeps moving and gets the ball as soon as he is caught by player 1, and still makes the shot. This can be called the bonus shot. Why is this shot important? It forces both players to keep moving, and they get a reward in the form of a shot. Player 1 catches the ball again, and the exercise is over.
Everyone turns one spot and the exercise can start again.
- 1 declarer throws the ball to the person in front of the basket then he takes a shot if the ball is caught under the basket he then goes inside and takes a through ball finally he then takes a short chance.
- Point count:
- Shot counts 2x
- Walkthrough counts 1x
- Short chance counts 1x
- 3 min long and then look per basket who has the most points
In short: nice shooting exercise with a lot of running.
- The baskets are placed in a circle.
- At each basket stands a server with a ball.
- The rest of the players stand in the middle of the circle (the middle must be clearly recognisable.
- There is often a circle in the hall,
- A pylon must be placed on the field).
- The number of baskets is very precise:
- Aim for 2 baskets per 5 players.
- The players in the centre circle get the assignment to make a run through ball on one of the baskets,
- It does not matter which one.
- As there are more players in the circle than there are free baskets, it is important to find a free basket quickly.
- When you are not quick enough, you have to wait a bit.
- And when Johnny is already on his way to a basket, but is passed at the last moment by Marietje, who is running faster, Johnny has to go back to the centre circle and try again from there.
- Everyone catches his own ball.
- After passing the ball, each player runs through the centre circle or around the pylon to find a free basket again as soon as possible.