Korfball drills for condition / strength
- Each player a hoop and a pawn.
- Player puts the pawn about 5 metres from the hoop.
- Player turns the hoop and sprints to the pawn.
- Player must be back before the hoop is finished.
- If successful, move the pawn one metre away.
- Who can achieve the greatest distance?
(On the zero 23 site there are corresponding instructional videos)
2 speed ladders, basket behind them, after each exercise walk through for a walkthrough or a shot, catch your own ball and pass to the next player.
- Lateral high knees, speed ladder:
- Jog sideways through the ladder, lifting your knees up and keeping your torso straight.
- Move your arms along with the movement.
- Lateral fast feet, speed ladder:
- Move sideways through the ladder at a high pace, moving your arms with you.
- Lateral ali shuffle, speed ladder:
- Stand in front of the speed ladder and do staggered jumps, keeping one leg in the ladder at a time.
- Lateral ali shuffle hip twist, speed ladder:
- Stand in front of the speed ladder and do staggered jumps with one leg at a time, rotating the hip with the speed ladder.
- Forward high knees, speed ladder:
- Stand in front of the speed ladder and walk at a dribbling pace through the (speed) ladder.
- Raise your knees and keep your torso upright.
- Forward squat in out, speed ladder:
- Stand in front of the speed ladder and jump two feet into the ladder, then jump right back out and end up in a squat position.
- Make sure your thighs are horizontal and your torso is upright.
- Forward o uchi gari, speed ladder:
- Stand in the speed ladder placing one foot outside the ladder and one foot inside the ladder.
- Move the foot inside the ladder one step at a time and bring the foot outside the ladder from front to back.
- Forward in-in out, speed ladder:
- Stand in front of the speed ladder and step into the ladder, always placing one foot inside the ladder and always placing one foot outside the ladder.
- Forward fastfeet, speed ladder:
- Stand in front of the speed ladder and walk through the (speed) ladder at a fast pace.
- Forward in-in,out-out, speed ladder:
- Stand in front of the speed ladder, stepping two feet in first, alternating with two feet outside the ladder.
- Backward in-in, out-out, speed ladder:
- Stand in front of the speed ladder with your back to it and step backwards, first with two feet on the ladder and then with two feet outside the ladder.
- Run a round in pairs and pass the ball on the outstretched hand.
- Look at the hand and give the ball exactly on that hand.
- 1 round where you have to throw and catch with your right hand, while your partner has to do it with his left hand.
- 1 round where you have to do it the other way around.
- Line up at about 2 meters opposite each other.
- You always start in front of your teammate and after 3 metres you get the ball on your outstretched outer hand.
- You catch the ball with your outside hand and throw it back with that hand.
- Depth line walk (in/out) you get the ball on the furthest hand and throw it back.
- Then you run forward again, get the ball and throw it back with two hands to the hand of the side you are going to run from.
- So you dodge to the right, and your team-mate gets the ball on the left.
- 10 sprints over 12 metres in threes.
- All players line up with their legs wide.
- The back player has a ball and throws the ball through the players' legs, the front in line tries to grab the ball as fast as possible before it crosses the line.
- In 2 or more rows and which team has all the players in first.
- On the field, place x number of hats at random spots, half on his point.
- You play with 2 teams of 1 or more players.
- Party A puts the hats on the point party B puts them the other way around.
- After x minutes stop and count who has the most hats.
- Pawn in front of and behind the basket.
- One or more players in front of the basket, one under the basket and one behind the basket.
- Players take through balls and walk around the pawn behind the basket before they pass.
- Place the pawn at a distance that requires the player to sprint full speed to be in time to pass.
- Do this for x minutes or x goals.
- Divide the team in groups of 2, max 3
- Each group starts on its own pole
- Per pole you score X number of goals
- Finished? Then move on to another pole (may be random, may be in order)
- Finally score X number of goals on your own pole.
- Who is the first to score on all the poles wins.
- 1 pole with a pawn or ball on each side at 2 meters.
- When using pawns, the ball is at the first pawn and the player takes it to the next pawn and puts it back there.
- When using balls, the player puts the ball back at the original spot before going to the next pawn.
- Player starts at 5 meter before the basket, on start signal player sprints to the first pawn/ball.
- Player jumps back and forth as high as possible over the pawn/ball, catches the ball and scores from 2m.
- If the goal is missed the player jumps back and forth over the ball again and scores.
- If the goal is hit go to the next ball/pawn and repeat until the player has had all sides of the post.
- Can make it a competition in various ways, increase the distance from 2m to 3 or 4m, instead of jumping left-right to front-back.
- Original exercise is from Korfbalfit.
2 vs 2 tournament (8 players) or 3 vs 3 (12 players) | 9 minutes
Each round lasts 3 minutes. Win = 3 points | Draw = 1 point | Lose = 0 points. Per goal 2 points.
> After each game 5 by 5 shooting from 3 metres. Each hit = 1 point.
Round 1: Team A vs Team D | Team B vs Team
CR Round 2: Team D vs Team B | Team A vs Team
CR Round 3: Team C vs Team D | Team B vs Team A
2 vs 2 tournament (10 players) or 3 vs 3 (15 players) | 15 minutes
Round 1: Team E vs Team B | Team C vs Team D (Team A next door
)Round 2: Team A vs Team E | Team B vs Team C (Team D next door)
Round 3: Team A vs Team D | Team E vs Team C (Team B next door)
Round 4: Team D vs Team B | Team C vs Team A (Team E next door)
Round 5: Team D vs Team E | Team B vs Team A (Team C next door)
2 vs 2 tournament (12 players) or 3 vs 3 tournament (18 players) | 15 minutes
Round 1: Team A vs Team F | Team B vs Team E | Team C vs Team
DRonde 2: Team E vs Team A | Team F vs Team D | Team B vs Team
CRonde 3: Team A vs Team D | Team E vs Team C | Team F vs Team
BRonde 4: Team C vs Team A | Team D vs Team B | Team E|
Round 5: Team A vs Team B | Team C vs Team F | Team D vs Team E
Team with the most points = overall winner