Korfball drills for defense
- Play 4:4 and defend 1 on 1, trying to see as many fellow players as possible.
- When there is a shot you join the steal.
- In the game you take care of the catch and try to double through the outlet support.
- Run into the free space for a through ball.
- 2 baskets opposite each other at about 10 meters.
- Start with 3 against 3 or 4 against 4.
- Depending on the numbers.
- Task is for the defenders.
- Try to intercept the ball.
- No counter play is allowed.
- Swap when one of the teams has intercepted 5 times the ball.
- Play on time and which team has the most interceptions.
- Earn a point by catching the ball over the line.
- A party starts from behind the line with the ball.
- Intercepted ball is ball first to your own line and then to the other side for a point.
- Balls out count.
- When a point is gained, the opponent gets the ball from there.
Points of attention:
- For defending.
- Play on the side by moving on one leg.
- Play at tempo.
- Watch each other and your opponents place.
- Try to score as much as possible on baskets.
- Try to prevent as many scoring opportunities as possible without getting sidelined.
- After each goal attempt, return to the starting pawn.
- It is not allowed to shoot defensively.
- If you cause a penalty throw (indicated by the declarer), you get one point in your rounds as attacker.
- The ball starts under the basket and is thrown to the child in front of the basket.
- The child under the basket then runs after the ball to defend.
- It is important that the attacker is central. With too much defensive pressure, the attacker cannot practice.
- Keep moving and make sure the pass comes from the space.
- There is always room for a break-through or a shot.
- The third player takes care of the catch and plays the ball again.
- Make sure you are always on the move and keep space for your teammates
- There is always one of the 4 (diagonal to the ball) who sinks to the post to be able to catch a shot
- Try to get each other in a shooting position at a maximum of 6 metres, or indicate from the space that you want to break through because the opponent is biting.
- In the 1:1 you try to score 2x in 1 minute.
- The defender makes choices which ball she defends.
- The attacker and the passer play this out together.
- attack, defend and pass each 3x 1 minute.
- You have 2 teams and you have to play together to get the ball into the opponent's box.
- Your opponents can cover you but they can also intercept
- If this happens, the other team may attack and try to get the ball into the other team's box