Korfball drills for general
- player 1 and 2 stand opposite each other at about 3 meters.
- player 3 stands about 3 meters next to player 2.
- player 1 throws the ball with one hand to player 2.
- Player 3 must try to get the ball out of the way.
- Now it is important to throw well and on time otherwise player 3/defender can take the ball.
- 1 declarer throws the ball to the person in front of the basket then he takes a shot if the ball is caught under the basket he then goes inside and takes a through ball finally he then takes a short chance.
- Point count:
- Shot counts 2x
- Walkthrough counts 1x
- Short chance counts 1x
- 3 min long and then look per basket who has the most points
- At pawn 1
- touch the groundTouch the ground, jump up and stretch all the way. We do this 5 times.
- RUN TO THE FIRST POLE.
- Pole 1
- Then you take a dodge at pole 1.
- RUN TO POLE 2.
- Pole 2
- 5 sit ups.
- RUN TO POLE 2.
- Pole 2
- run through the pole 2.
- Pole 3
- 5 squads.
- Pole 3
- Score 1 small chance
- We do this 3 times, then change under the pole
In short: nice shooting exercise with a lot of running.
- The baskets are placed in a circle.
- At each basket stands a server with a ball.
- The rest of the players stand in the middle of the circle (the middle must be clearly recognisable.
- There is often a circle in the hall,
- A pylon must be placed on the field).
- The number of baskets is very precise:
- Aim for 2 baskets per 5 players.
- The players in the centre circle get the assignment to make a run through ball on one of the baskets,
- It does not matter which one.
- As there are more players in the circle than there are free baskets, it is important to find a free basket quickly.
- When you are not quick enough, you have to wait a bit.
- And when Johnny is already on his way to a basket, but is passed at the last moment by Marietje, who is running faster, Johnny has to go back to the centre circle and try again from there.
- Everyone catches his own ball.
- After passing the ball, each player runs through the centre circle or around the pylon to find a free basket again as soon as possible.
- you have 4 korfballs and
- under each basket there is one person with the ball.
- The rest of the players stand by the pawn in the middle of the field.
- the person who is standing by the pawn searches for a free basket and is going to take a walk-in ball and catches his own ball.
- the person standing by the pawn searches for a free basket and is going to take a run-in ball and catches his own ball. the person standing under the basket walks to the pawn and then searches for a free basket and is going to take a run-in ball as well.
- 4-0 set up,
- 1 turn around and then play sideways for the short
- followed by a cut from behind the basket.
In short: a lot of shooting practice with a lot of running. (STRESS on learning to shoot on one leg at the end of the season plus stepping out with a throw).
Organisation: The baskets are placed in a square The number of baskets is very precise: aim for 5 baskets per 10 players.
a ) The players start at each basket, one person stands under the basket and the other person stands in the hoop in front of the basket with the ball, shoots on twolegs and goes on to the next basket.
changing: on time
in case of uneven numbers, run again or catch again.
b ) As a., but now with the assignment: Who will score 3 goals first?
c ) Like a., but with the assignment: pull one leg out of the hoop and the other leg up.
(for the ones who write with the right hand out of the hoop, SHOCK ON THE AIDE TRAINERS HERE TO HELP THEM)
d ) As a., but there is an 'over-taking situation': the runner from the circle, after having received the ball, plays the ball back to the declarer who started away from the post
(THE DECLARER STEPS OUT OF THE HOOP WITH ONE LEG TO THROW). The original declarator must try to score from this start. (NOW the one who shot the ball runs to the next corner).
change ; on time, or who scores 3 points first
Divide the players among the baskets. Put 2 pawns about 7 meters in front of the basket and about 5 meters apart.
When 4 players per basket:
- 1 attacker under the basket
- 1 rebounder
- Other player(s) at the top of the pawns.
- Ball starts with the player(s) at the top
Player at the top of the pawn passes the ball to the declarer, walks towards the second pawn and receives the ball from the declarer in the run (and on the outside hand). Player makes a run through after changing hands (important that the player first points to the basket - shot threat - before playing the ball inside with the hand change). Rebounder catches the ball.
Passing on: player who took the pass becomes rebounder, rebounder becomes attacker and attacker goes up to make the pass.
In short: various games of tag.
Organisation: Mark out an area that is not too big (20 by 10 to 20 metres) with the help of baskets or cones. If there are more than one, give each of the taggers a ribbon.
Off with the ball. One of the players has a ball. The ball is passed around randomly. The ticker must try to tap the player who has the ball in their hands. If the group is large, then split it into two (and thus also work with two tickers).