Korfball drills for general
We are going to explain again what exactly the rules and progression of 8x8 is!
- 2x 12,5 minutes and then switch from offense to defense or from defense to offense.
- Stay in your section and do not run to the attack or defence.
Make two sections and let the leader Kyra do her job. Just like a match. And then explain some extra things about being a captain.
- Go to the referee after the match to thank him for blowing the whistle.
- After the whistle, walk to the halfway line and shake hands with the other captain, the coach of the other team and the referee and wish them a good game.
- Choose the side to attack.
- How to warm up and shoot.
- Steering the team to set everything up.
And finally we will play a game!
In short: nice shooting exercise with a lot of running.
Organisation: the baskets are placed in a circle. At each basket stands a server with a ball. The rest of the players stand in the middle of the circle (the middle must be clearly recognisable).
In the hall there is often a circle, on the field a pylon must be placed.
The number of baskets is very precise: aim for 2 baskets per 5 players.
- The players in the centre circle are instructed to hit one of the baskets with a walkthrough, it doesn't matter which one.
- Since there are slightly more players in the circle than there are free baskets, it is important to find a free basket quickly.
- When you are not quick enough, you have to wait a bit.
- And when Johnny is already on his way to a basket, but is passed at the last moment by Marietje, who is running faster, Johnny has to go back to the centre circle and try again from there.
- Everyone catches his own ball.
- After the signal everyone runs through the centre circle or around the pylon to find a free basket again as soon as possible.
b ) As a., but now with the assignment: Who will score 10 goals first?
Even the players who first thought: 'Never mind, he runs faster than me' will now try to be the first to get to the free basket. Make sure that the players do not 'cut off' by not going through the centre circle or around the pylon.
c ) Like b., but with the assignment: 'Who will be first to score a goal at each basket?
d ) Same as b., but with overhead walkthroughs.
e ) As b., but a 'take-over' situation follows: the runner from the centre circle, after having received the ball, plays the ball back to the declarer who started away from the post. The original declarer must try to score from this start. Who scores 5 goals first?
f ) As b., but the runner takes balls out of the way (left or right, distances not too great). The declarer also catches the shot. The runner runs to the basket and gets the ball from the catcher, who will rush to the centre to try again, because: who scores 5 goals first?
Divide into 2 teams.
In each team the children get numbers (silently give them to each team). Once everyone has a number, the ball is placed in the middle between the teams.
Then we call out a number (can also be several numbers) and they try to be the first to take the ball back to their "camp".
Once a child has taken the ball in the middle, the other child may try to tap him.
In short: various games of tag.
Overlap. The players stand on one long side of a rectangular area (about the size of a gymnasium). The rat runs somewhere in the middle of the area. When the trainer tells them to, all players must run over to the other long side. The scapegoat tries to catch as many players as possible. When they get through the area, they have to wait for the next signal to go back. Who is not tagged in 6 times? This game of tag can also serve as a playful exercise in defending.
Practice with 4 players the free ball. Use 3 persons for the attack. Person 1 takes the free ball, person 2 and 3 pass. Person 4 will defend the free ball on person 1.
To learn to make a free run so that the player is ready to play the ball.
Points of attention
The moment of free running is important, it has to happen at the moment the ball can be thrown. The feint enters the picture. The feint suggests that you are going to do something to which the opponent is going to react, after which the final movement is carried out For example, a body movement is made to the left, the defender moves to the left but the attacker does not complete the movement and moves to the right The result is that the attacker is free.
The game is played in teams of four with a basket and a ball. Two people stand about 6 to 8 metres from each other, an attacker and a defender walk between them. The attacker must try to play together with the people on the fixed position. The basket is placed just outside the line of the regular players. The aim is that the attacker passes on the ball as much as possible to the regular players within a certain time. The defender must try to intercept the ball.
1. The attacker may score on the basket after passing the ball several times2
. If he also scores, he gets an extra point. If the defender intercepts the ball, there is a change of position.
1. There are two baskets with a supporting player underneath with the ball. Between the baskets are an attacker and a defender. The attacker may score on both baskets.
2. A supporting player stands about 6 to 8 meters in front of the basket. An attacker and a defender stand between the basket and the supporting player. The defender is only trying to intercept. The attacker tries to get free so that he can play the ball. If he succeeds in doing so, he can score freely at the basket. So it is important to get free close to the basket.
Tip for the coach:
1. Always try to make a rotation schedule so that the winning or scoring players are rewarded. But also the weaker brothers must be able to practice.
2. Keep it attractive by offering different forms that give a chance to score or win, there must be an element of competition in it. Then it remains exciting.
3. Try to put players of the same level together. Fair competition.
4. It is also important that children experience success, which means that they feel that they can do something (well). If everything always fails, it's no fun.
Use of space
Make the players aware of the space within the field of play and how to use it.
Points of attention
Choosing a useful position so that the player can play and/or score.
Within the playing field there are two circles (often there are already lines in the hall, e.g. for basketball), the circles are playable all around (just like the basket). A goal can be scored when a player bounces the ball in the circle and a teammate catches the ball. Further rules are the same as for korfball.
1. It is also possible to play with one circle. After this, the party may attack.
2. After a score, the ball may be played on by the party that has possession of the ball.
2. It is also possible to play with for example 4 circles. When playing with multiple circles, the circles can also be smaller, such as a hoop or a bicycle tire. The overview that the players have becomes more and more important.
Tip for the coach:
1. Pay attention to the timing of throwing and free running.
2. The space for free running is also determined by the defenders (the opponents).
3. Try to make a connection between the forms of practice and games, e.g. throwing two-handed was taught, the final game is hunter ball where you have to throw with two hands.
4. Make sure you build up the training material from easy to more difficult.
Rules of the game:
The defender may try to block the ball by provoking the attacker to throw against his hand. The defender's arm may not move in the direction of the attacker, but only in the path of the ball. The ball does not have to be released by the attacker during blocking.
Divide the total group into equal teams of 2, 3 or 4
.Each team has 1 pole as their "Home Base".
- We start with 1 ball.
- Teams will attack each other's baskets.
- If a basket is scored on, that team is out.
- Continue until there is only one basket left. They win this game.
- At will put extra balls in the game for tempo.
- The group is divided into two groups again.
- Then they take penalty throws and they must make a series of 6.
- If they miss 1, they have to run around the whole field.
- The series can be set higher,
- so a series of 7
- series of 8
- series of 9
- or even a series of 10