Korfball drills for warming-up
- Make 2 squares of 4.
- The attack takes the ball from the trainers.
- When the defence has intercepted the ball, they first pass it back to the trainers.
- When a goal is scored, the team gets a bonus and can take the ball back out.
- All players line up.
- The first two players have a ball.
- Player 1 starts shooting, when he has shot, player 2 may also start.
- If 1 scores before 2, he may go to the back.
- If 2 scores before 1, 1 is out and must go to the side.
- The last two players must start at the same time and score 3 times.
- The one who gets 3 first wins.
necessary: 3 poles with baskets, 1 container with wickerbags and 1 container with ribbons, 6 pawns, 3 balls
All children are numbered 1,2,3 numbers 1 start running first, then 2 and 3 start when 1 is back.
- On the left side you run to and fro in the length of the hall.
- When you are back you run to a free basket and make a penalty throw in front of the basket.
- And you score from a distance of your choice from the back of the basket.
- Place the ball on the pawn in front of the basket.
- Then you go to the trainer for your 'salary' and you start again.
- You keep your pay in your own locker (A4 sheet with your own name).
- When there is no free basket, you run up and down the length of the hall one more time.
If you score a goal both times you have earned a beanbag. If you only score one goal you have earned a ribbon.
Who has earned the most after 10 minutes?
Split the group into two.
Goal is to collect as many pawns as possible before all players are tapped out.
- Group A behind the line. In front of each player stands a pylon.
- Group B comes running.
- As soon as the first player of group B steals a pillon all players have to sprint over the line.
- Group A is allowed to run. Whoever gets caught is out.
- If the one with the pillon makes it, they have stolen one pillon.
- Repeat this until all players are caught.
Then turn around. Points for each pillon.
Three groups at the first pawns.
The first in line runs to the hoop and goes through the hoop from the bottom, so the hoop goes over their head. Then he goes through the defense stance to pawn two. Turn around and make short passes (left, right) to the next pawn. From there, start to pass the ball. After that, go to the pole for a shot. Then back to the start, tap, next. There are two points per person. First team with six points wins.
Back out and through the knees with your arm up.
The team stands in a circle with one person in the middle.
The ball is played in from the outside.
You run after your ball.
From the middle back to the outside, also chasing the ball.
The ball must not come to the ground and you have to run as fast as possible.
If it does hit the ground then the person who threw the ball is going to take a penalty throwThe
rest of the team plays on
- Alternate preferred hand with non-preferred hand.
- Shorten or lengthen the distance to the centre.
- Tight balls or curve balls.
- With several balls
per team 2 poles opposite each other and at 6 meter from the last pole a loose basket on the ground.
Small chance on 1st pole; run to 2nd pole with ball penalty throw; from this pole throw 3 balls exactly in the basket on the ground.
After 3 unsuccessful attempts you may continue to the next post.
When the 1st is at the 2nd pole, nr. 2 may start.
- don't score with the ball but run around the post without the ball.
- Increase or decrease distance between last post and basket on the ground.
- So no 1 is at the 2nd pole no 2 at the 1st pole. no 2 throws in the hands of no 1. no 1 has to throw 3 balls in the basket on the ground. After that keep changing until everyone has thrown 3 balls in the basket.
Two groups at the first two pawns.
The first one in line runs to the basket lying on the ground and goes through it, so the basket goes over their head. Then he runs through the defence posture to pawn two and turns around it 4 times. Finally, he runs to pawn 3 and tries to score (3 attempts) before he can run back to pawn 1 and hit the next one in line.
Backwards and through the knees with your arm up.
Hoop from pawn 1: 5 meters.
Pawn 2 from hoop: 5 meter.
Pawn 3 from pawn 2: 5 meter.
Pole from pawn 3: 4 meters.
- The trainers have the children warm up in a fixed pattern (round or square).
- The children run behind each other with some distance between them.
- The child in front receives the ball from the trainer.
- While running, the ball is passed to the next person in line by means of a throw (short pass), the receiver passes the ball to the next person in line.
- The person in the back passes the ball back to the last thrower and the ball travels the whole route in reverse order.
- Emphasise technique where necessary and ask which form of passing is most effective.
- Similar to variation 1, but now the ball is passed backwards without looking (i.e. by feel).
- The emphasis now is on catching and uncatching the ball.
- The last player in line to receive the ball sprints with it to the front to start a new round.
- So there is always someone else in front.
: To make it a bit more difficult, you can appoint 1 or 2 defenders who make it more difficult to throw and try to intercept.