Korfball drills for warming-up
The trainer tells the children to warm up in a section or around baskets. It is important that the children don't run too fast, because it is warming up.
When the muscles are warmed up, the trainers can add variation to the exercise. At a 'Yes' or whistle signal from the trainer, the children must respond.
Variations you can introduce:
- Changing the direction of running
- Sprint for a few seconds
- Walk sideways
- Cross pass
- Tapping the ground (followed by jumping in the air)
Inshort: exercises in catching balls that bounce or roll at the right moment.
Organisation: each team has a ball and a basket.
- Three teams,
- the declarator stands in the middle under the basket.
- He rolls the ball a few metres away.
- As soon as the ball is loose, the other two may run.
- Who has the ball first, can make a turnaround or an attack with a pass?
- After 3 substitutions.
Divide your team into two teams.
You will stand by a basket per pair and follow exercises that your trainer indicates.
Exercises can be:
- 3 laps of passing balls (catch your own ball) (depending on the number of baskets you can make more or less laps)
- 3 laps in out shot (pass to the outside)
- 3 laps of short chance
- 3 laps pass balls late (take overhead)
- 15 dots per person (per 2 on 1 basket)
- 10 free balls per person (per pair on 1 basket)
- 10x shot from standstill
- 10x shot from movement (try on 1 leg)
Two groups at the first two pawns.
- The first in line runs to the hoop and goes through the hoop from the bottom, so the hoop goes over their heads.
- Then he runs through the defence posture to pawn two and circles this in 4 circles.
- Finally, he runs to pawn 3 and scores before he can run back to pawn 1 and tap the next one in line.
Hoop from pawn 1: 5 meters.
Pawn 2 from the hoop: 5 meter.
Pawn 3 from pawn 2: 5 meter.
Pole from pawn 3: 4 meter.
- Put out a square of 20 by 20 with hats.
- In the middle put balls (1 less than the number of players)
- The players walk in circles around the hats
- At the whistle they run in and try to get a ball
When you have a ball you can try to shoot (penalty throw - distance) and if you score you have a point, at every new round one ball less in the middle. The players who don't get the ball keep running.
Children run and throw the ball over within a defined area.
- There is one ticker.
- Who has the ball may not be tagged.
- You may hold the ball for 8 seconds.
- The catcher may not stay with the person with the ball.
Make it more difficult with several balls.
- Make 2 squares of 4.
- The attack takes the ball from the trainers.
- When the defence has intercepted the ball, they first pass it back to the trainers.
- When a goal is scored, the team gets a bonus and can take the ball back out.
Do give orders, for example:
- Start in a diamond. Let the ball go around 1 time.
- The player in front throws the ball next to him/her one more time and catches it.
- The other players continue playing. The player who has the ball now chooses whether he wants to throw to the left or to the right. The other players run to the ball to pick it up. The ball is thrown and the player immediately runs a long line.
The long line is nudged and the thrower comes alongside. The other player walks behind the basket to walk into the support. The other two are going to attack.
Place 2 cones at the same height 4 meters apart.
Start with a pawn at 6, 12 and 20 metres.
Divide the team in 2 groups. Fight each other in relay. Number 2 can start when number 1 is at the 2 pawns. Which team is back first?
Repeat 3 times
Place a number of cones/caps 2 to 3 metres apart. Make two rows of cones and divide the team into two groups.
The exercise is quite simple. One pawn sprints and one pawn knees high. Go behind each other