Volleyball drills for all skills
- jump up from a crouch as far as possible,
- from the line to the net and back.
- 2 setuppers (1 on each side)
- Player behind you throws/plays to
- Take your own ball
- join the other row
- There is always one person in the whole field.
- The trainer stands at the other side of the net and plays difficult balls through the whole field.
- You have to go for every ball
- line of players behind the back line
- first player lies down on his belly
- trainer stands at the other side of the net
- hits the ball and throws the ball
- player stands up and passes to midfielder/SV
- SV catches or grabs the ball and passes to trainer
- passer becomes SV
- first time only insertion
- then with sv as a catcher
- setup and attack
- Player T.A. from the net:
- 3 teams on the back line on the belly
- Player gives slap on ball, 3 players stand up and trainer attacks one of the trio defends, nr. 2 setup and nr. 3 attacks
- then next 3 team
- Andre side are 3 blockers.
- Slide through per 3 team
Goal: ball lane recognition, take position in time.
- Ball path: A throws to B, B passes to C.
- Direction of play: A, B, C
- B moves (before the ball has passed the net) to the right position (90%) and is active instead of re-active.
- B assumes the correct position when the ball passes the net.
- B adjusts in the remaining time to the correct position (10%).
- Possibly build up:
- First B catches the ball with bent arms.
- after that B passes the ball underarms.
Attacking at position 4, blocking at pos 2 on the other side (if there are enough players also blocking at pos 3), defending at pos 1 and 6. After defending, the ball is caught by the blocker.
- 1 sv
- Defenders remain standing
- Attacker becomes a blocker on pos. 2, if also a blocker on pos. 3, the blocker stays standing.
- After 5 minutes the defenders (and blockers) change.
- Attack at pos. 2 and 3, blocking at pos. 3 and 4 (if 1 blocker stands where the attack is going on), defence at pos. 5 and 6.
- Trainer stands on the other side of the net.
- At the centre back there is a row of passers in front of the net and a catcher.
- The trainer throws the ball to the first of the passers.
- The passer passes the ball to the catcher, the catcher tries to throw the ball through the basket, picks up his/her ball and puts it in the cart and joins the back of the line.
- The passer becomes receiver.
Learning the pancake roll in 5 exercises:
1. dry practise, step-by-step (repeat 5 times) (
below describes a roll to the right; swap right/left for a roll to the left) - start position
underhand pass (sit low)
- step out one leg (right) to the side and bend the knee very deeply -
right) hand over the ground diagonally right to the front (pancake)
- sink through until the right hip is on the ground -
swing the legs
over the hips to the other side - during the swing
stretched (left) leg and stretch the bent (right) leg - by the speed of the swing turn through
so that you come back in the underhand pass position
2. Get used to it (is also good to use as a warming-up exercise) -
start on the sideline facing the net -
roll to the other sideline in three times
roll back to the
first sideline in three times
(or walk back if you want to learn the roll in one direction first)
3. gaining experience (repeat 5 times) -
pairs with 1 ball - thrower with
ball near the net, defender at 6 or 7 meter
- throw the ball, so that it lands on the ground 2 meters next to and 1 meter in front of the defender
- the defender tries to hit the ball with a pancake roll (the roll is first more important than hitting the ball)
4. get accuracy -
trio or quartet with 2 or 3 balls (1 defender, the rest is throwing) - the throwers
stand on LV, MV and possibly on RV, the defender stands on the sideline (LA)
- the LV throws the ball so that it lands on the ground 2 metres next to and 1 metre in front of the defender - the
defender tries to hit the ball with a pancake roll
- as soon as the defender has finished the roll, the MV throws the ball so that it lands on the ground 2 metres next to and 1 metre in front of the defender
- the defender tries to hit this ball with a pancake roll as well
- as soon as the defender has finished the roll, the LV throws the ball so that it lands on the ground 2 metres next to and 1 metre in front of the defender again - the defender tries to hit
this ball with a pancake roll as well - after 5 times the
players rotate through on position
5. roll in both directions -
trio with 2 balls (2 throwers, 1 defender) - the throwers
stand on LV and MV, the defender stands on the sideline (LA)
- the MV throws the ball so that it hits the ground on the right side, 2 metres next to and 1 metre in front of the defender
- the defender tries to hit the ball with a pancake roll to the right
- as soon as the defender has finished the roll, the LV throws the ball so that it lands on the ground on the left side at 2 metres next to and 1 metre in front of the defender - the
defender tries to hit this ball with a pancake roll to the left - after 5 times the players
turn around in