Volleyball drills for all skills
- 2 players/1 hoop
- Player A hits the ball over the net from the hoop she is at 2m from the net,
- he runs behind and catches the ball after a bounce,
- then he dribbles twice and tips the ball back into the hoop;
- player B catches the ball and performs the exercise as well
- Challenge: 1 point when the ball bounces the edge and 2 points when it falls in
- Learning the block without moving, without net with attention on hand placement.
- Per 2 (same size), 1 ball
- 1 person on bench with ball above head.
- Person 2 opposite person 1. Block jump with hands to ball
- game set-up without the outfield striker.
- (3 man defence, 1 playmaker, centre and slide player).
- Ball is served from opposite field, team defends and playmaker with every ball on middle or slide (possibly on bad pass 3 meter line).
- all players are equally matched.
- 2x normal forward field up and down.
- 2x forward to net, backward shuffle.
- 4x sideways pass.
- 2x cross pass
- 3x run to net, block, turn around and dive back into the run.
2 groups start at the back line of each half of the field, spread over the whole length, pairs (per large).
- VW walk to the net, through the net with 2 hands to partner; VW walk to the backline. 6x
- VW walk to net, jump and clap hands above net; AW walk to backline. 6x
- VW walk and lift heels to net, jump and clap hands above net; VW walk and lift knees. 6x
- ZW low pull-up passes, quarter turn and jump with hands above net. 6x
These exercises are done in pairs.
- Exercise 1:
- Person 1 stands with a ball at the net, person 2 starts at the 3-meter line. Person 1 hits the ball and person 2 has to run backwards and play the ball to person 1 again. 10x per person.
- Exercise 2:
- Person 1 stands on the 3-meter line with a ball. Person 2 is going to block at the net and then turn around to play the short ball of person 1. 10x per person.
Gather on sideline, then:
- Across and back (2x)
- Sideways to the other side and back (1x)
- Cross pass to the other side and back (1)
- Lift your knees across and back (1x)
- Heels to the other side and back (1x)
- Arm swing forwards, backwards (1x)
- Frog jump to the other side and back (1x)
- Crossing to the other side and back (1x)
- Sideways hop across to the other side and back (1x)
- Make threes
- Each trio one ball.
- Player in the middle runs an 8 each time. Each time this player gets in the middle, a ball is thrown:
- A throws (or plays overhand) the ball to B (in the middle).
- B plays the ball back to A underhand and then runs around A until he is in the middle again.
- A meanwhile passes the ball overhead to C.
- C plays the ball overhand back to B.
- B passes the ball back to C underhand and then runs around C until he is in the middle again.
- After 2-3 minutes, the player in the middle changes.
- To make it easier, player A and C can also have them throw instead of playing overhand. This can be an underhand throw/catch or an overhand throw/catch.
- To practice standing still while playing/catching, you can also let player B throw and catch underhand.
- 2 teams,
- 1 with ball at the net,
- 1 without ball on the backline flat on belly.
- player at the net bounces the ball, player two catches/OH to the net player.
- after that change positions