Volleyball drills for all skills
- Player A throws/strikes the ball towards player C.
- Player C passes the ball to player B.
- Player B sets up the ball.
- Player C attacks if the pass was good.
Goal: Try to attack/play 3rd ball on the imaginary mats (straight or diagonal).
After each ball: A to row position C, C to row position A, B change after a while.
Extension: With enough players one-woman block.
- Divide the teams on both halves of the field,
- inside the 3-yard line
- Trainer throws in the ball and the teams play the ball across it to each other in 1, 2 or 3 plays,
- try to score.
- Every player who has played the ball taps the back line and comes back into the field
- Trainer throws in from the net and 3 players are lying on their stomachs on the backline
- Trainer hits the ball, 3 players stand up and the trainer throws the ball over the net
- the 1st person of the trio defends, nr. 2 gives a setup and nr. 3 attacks
- then next 3 team
Team formation, 6 persons. Both sides of the net (1 side less persons, if <12)
- Service on team, pass - set - attack
- After attack rally ball on same team (immediately set up for freeball)
- after 3 balls turn
- after full rotation, other team on the other side
Attention: set up for service pass, set up for attack, set up for freeball
- Players in a circle arm in arm. In the middle pawns,
- Try to get the other to a cone by pulling.
- Who touches a cone gets a penalty.
- At 5 points you get a penalty and you have to push the other one.
You can play this game with any 4 exercises you can think of.
- Make two pairs who will do the exercises together.
- Each pair gets a note with 4 boxes where they can put a code with the numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- the trainer makes a code, this can be 4 different digits (4231) or with repeated digits (2233)
- the players have to do the 4 exercises in order of the code they wrote down. When they have done all 4 exercises they have to check the code with the trainer. The trainer notes how many are right and how many are wrong.
- the players write down the next code, and again they have to do 4 exercises that fit with the code they wrote down.
- Exercise 1: sprint back and forth 5 times between 9m
- Exercise 2; block left, shuffle, block middle, shuffle, block right with pairs facing each other and two times back and forth
- Exercise 3: bench, 20x on and off the bench with 2 feet
- Exercise 4: 10x sit-up | 10x left / 10 x right
- The first pair to crack the code wins.
Offence passes including arm movement
: practise dry-
with a skipping rope on the floor-
with 2 mats with a ditch-
with a springboard-
with a landing mat-
over a mat-with
3 players in front of the net in positions 2-3-4.
The trainer hits the ball and the players have to decide if they want to block the ball and if so where.
- the ball should be blocked and if so where. So the midfielder moves to the relevant side and the non-blocking front player moves back.
- The ball comes up high and must therefore be defended. The players all move backwards except the sv
Extend this by including the 3 players at the back.
- In a field of nine squares the aim is to make 3 in a row (butter, cheese and eggs).
- Two teams have a pair of 2 players ready.
- One runs to a square to occupy it, the other dribbles through the pawns and plays the ball to the square.
- Only when the ball is received in the box it may remain there.
- When both players of the team have run back, the next two may play.