Volleyball drills for all skills
The trainer stands on the other side with a ball locker
- 3 players stand in the backfield
- the coach throws (later on pass or attack) to the 3 players
- the 3 players have to get the ball to the other side in 3 plays.
- the 3rd ball (that goes over the net) has to be attacked (preferably with a jump)
- for EVERY ball you must call it loose
- every player has to hit the ball once
series of exercises to train postural muscles
- hip crossover
- left hand on right knee, right hand on right ankle, left leg extended (15 cm off the ground), shoulders off the ground -> change: right hand on left knee, left hand on left ankle, right leg extended. Calm movement!
- On hands/knees (shoulders - torso - legs rectangle). Turn right leg and right arm up towards the ceiling, hips together. From here, turn back, dog pose, swing left leg up, back to hands/knees. Repeat! Idem left.
- Side posture, upper leg stretched back, upper arm stretched forward. Bring hand to knee and stretch again. Repeat! Same as on the other side.
- Sit on right hip, right hand on the ground. From here up with left leg stretched towards ceiling and back again. Repeat! Same as left side.
- plank posture. From there, move foot by foot next to your hand and back again. Order: first right first, then left first (alternately).
- O1 throws/strikes aimed at P1 on the other side of the pitch
- P1 pass to V1 who catches it
- P1 becomes V1 becomes Or
- O2 throws/strikes directed at O1
- O2 pass to V2, who catches
- O2 becomes V2
- and so on
- Throws ball to P
- P pass to S
- S setup for P
- P attacks
- pass except sv
Servicepass training for 4 to 12 persons4
2 servers at the servicepoint.
(dynamic) same as static but dancer plays ball on receiver. Passer plays to off-setter. (server becomes reserve, reserve becomes passer, passer becomes receiver etc.)
(static) see four persons
(dynamic) server serves the ball and runs after his/her ball.
Passer passes the ball to the receiver. The player on the right becomes the server and the server
moves in on the left. Catcher becomes server. If this does not work out 1 passer becomes reserve.
Extend with fixed sv and extra player on pos 4, who will attack. Passer becomes attacker, when pass is wrong the passer goes away.
Extend with blocking.
Make pairs and per pair one hoop.
- Play a 2x2 game.
- The ball is thrown into the field,
- The hoop is put on the ground by person 1 on the spot where the ball has to bounce.
- The ball bounces in the hoop and person 2 has to pass the ball.
- Person 1 finishes the game by passing the ball over the net.
- Then it's the other side's turn and they do the same.
PURPOSE: Walking withthe ball and choosing the right position.
- Three players on the back line.
- At about one meter from the sidelines you put a pylon.
- The other players stand around the field to pick up the balls.
- The trainer at the net throws the balls into the field at a high speed.
- It is up to the players to pass the balls back to the trainer, or at least to hit the ball.
- Then the players join in again at the back, and so they keep running and looking at the ball.
- The remaining players stand around the field to collect the balls played away and pass them back to the trainer.
- Pawns further apart, throwing faster, hitting.
- The field will be divided in two.
- We play in two groups.
- Per group you have a service-player and a reserve service-player, a playmaker, a striker, two reception-players and a reserve reception-player.
- Servant and attacker stay in position for x-number of balls.
- Service and reception players change places.
- Storage-reception-pass-attack (players change position in their own group).
- After 5 minutes there is a change of position.
- 2 teams(6,8,10 or 12 players)
- 1 person in the field.
- Other players stand behind the back line in the waiting room.
- T puts ball in play in field A or B.
- You may only play the ball underarm.
- After playing the ball step out and someone in the waiting room takes your place.
- If you make a mistake, make sure you have the ball safe and go and cheer on your teammates.
- If everyone on a team has played away then you have a point.