Volleyball drills for all skills
See picture. Each team 2 balls. 2 players at the net a few meters apart, other player in the backfield.
- Exercise 1: Players take turns throwing the ball, player in the backfield plays the ball back underhand.
- Exercise 2: First ball comes deep, second ball comes short
- Exercise 3: Throwers stand a little further apart and throw straight: player with ball on the sideline throws deep, other throws short.
After x-number of balls or after a certain time swap places.
- Pairs facing each other with a net in between
- There is a cone under the net
- Players play the ball overhead in front of themselves and then pass the ball to others
- After playing, they tap the cone under the net and get back to their feet
- 2 rows of players
- 1 row on the left back
- 1 row at the right back
- create with 4 pawns a virtual line where they have to stand behind
- trainer stands at the other side of the net and throws the ball somewhere in the field.
- 1 of the 2 front rows calls LOS orIK (agree who takes short or deep)
- This player passes the ball over the net to the previous player.
- catch a round for the next player
- If you did not have the ball, join the shortest row.
To stretch the shoulder and upper back muscles in preparation for the blocking movement.
Repetitions: 3series of 5 repetitions. Take a few moments of rest between the series.
- Stand at some distance from the net with your face to the net.
- Place your hands diagonally above your head in the blocking position.
- Make controlled blocking movements towards the net at a calm pace. Make yourself as long as possible without jumping.
- Do this 5 times.
Do a total of 3 series of 5 repetitions. In between the series, take a few moments of rest.
condition and strength
- 4 to 5 players on the back line - for A: push-ups10 x - for B: attack run 5x - for C: blocking 5x - for D: sit-ups 10 x Loosen ankles, knees, hips, shoulders, neck, wrists Planks 10 sec, hip- cross over 10x, planks 10 sec, scorpion 10x, planks 10 sec, inverted hamstring 10x Play fanatically
- 5x push-ups (can also be done on knees)
- 20 sec planks (straight back)
- 5x squat
- lie on your back, hands under your buttocks and lift your legs up off the ground, hold this for about 10 sec.
- 10x whole belly exercise
- On stomach lift left hand and right leg 10x. After this right arm and left leg 10x
- Passing over:
- Ball always goes to the middle player
- Overhand pass. Middle player must play backwards and turn around immediately!
- Pass underhand. Middle player must play backwards and turn around immediately!
- Peppering where the pass goes to the middle player who sets it up.
- Diving balls indicated by middle player
- A few laps
- Stand on the back line and dribble forward to the net. Dribble backwards to the backline. 2x
- Lift your knees and dribble back. 2x
- Dribble forward to the net, swinging your left arm forward. Back right arm swings forward. 2x
- Dribble forward to the net, swinging both arms forward. Back arms backwards 2x
- Walk sideways and switch legs. Back shoulder other side 1X
- Stand on your heels and walk about 4,5 meters. Then stand on your toes as high as possible and walk to the net.
- Start by explosively skipping eight times over a few meters before powering up (sprinting) to the back line. Skipping is a fast dribble on the front feet with a clear knee strike whereby the raised leg is horizontal and the heel just barely touches the ground. You roll over the ball of your foot towards your heel Keep the feet raised towards the shins and the ground contact short and fanatic. Back and forth 2x
- Back to the back line, you hop upwards actively and explosively, moving your arms along with you.
- Plays the ball overhand to number 3,
- Is a reserve & takes the place of number 3,
- Passes to number 4
- Catch the ball and join behind number 5,
- Passes the ball to number 4, catches the ball and joins behind number 5, plays the ball overhand to number 7,
- Is a reserve & takes the place of number 7
- Passes to number 8,
- Catch the ball and rejoin number 1.
Addition: after catching the ball, touch the wall.
(In the 'overhand' rows/ at the passers if necessary reserve players)