Volleyball drills for all skills
- Player A serves the ball to player C.
- Player C passes the ball to player B.
- Player B sets up the ball.
- Player D attacks.
Goal: try to attack/play 3rd ball on the mats (straight or diagonal).
After each ball move one place in your own group.
Extension: When there are enough players, one could also choose to place a block.
4 laps around the field in a running pace.
Stand on the backline and calmly walk to the net.
backwards to the backline.
Alternately lift your left and right knee to 90 degrees back to the net (knee lift 90gr)
Heels back to the back line. (2x)
Calm walk to the net, left arm turns forward.
back to the back line right arm turns forward.
Calm walk to the net with both arms turning forward at the same time. back to
the back line walk forward arms turning backwards.
cross pass back and forth.
On your heels to the middle of the field and then on your toes to the net.
Back 8 skippings with high knee deployment and then a short sprint and easy run to the back line.
At the back line, do the same thing again, but now towards the net.
On the baseline again 8
skippings with a sprint to the net. Same again.
After this again active skipping with high explosiveness.
3 sets of 15 movements half squats. (Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and toes pointing slightly outwards) You move as if sitting down to 45 degrees. (15x without stopping) 10 count break and again 15x and then 10 count rest and again 15x.
Lunge (get out, knee not past the toes and back straight arms in the side) 3x left, 3x right (4 sets)
Reach to the net.
Stand facing the net, arms above your head and at a leisurely pace make your back as long as possible (pretend) 3 sets of 5 stretches.
Shoulder girdle slowly.
Stand with your back to it about 50 cm from the net. Raise your arms above your head.
Go to the net with your hands while gently arching your back and hit the net. Also 3 sets of 5 repetitions.
- Team in line up in field A. In field B 3 blockers and 3 serves.
- Team B serves on team A who come to attack.
- Blockers try to block. Time change.
- Players divide into 2 teams.
- Each team has its own mat that they must get to the other side as quickly as possible, by taking turns diving on it.
- Whichever mat reaches the other side first, that team has won!
- Competition with catching and throwing. S
- erve from the field. Every time you throw a ball over the net you have to turn around a spot.
- If you make a mistake you have to leave the field.
- If your team catches the ball 3 times in a row you may go back into the field!
The trainer stands on the other side with a ball locker
- 3 players stand in the backfield
- the coach throws (later on pass or attack) to the 3 players
- the 3 players have to get the ball to the other side in 3 plays.
- the 3rd ball (that goes over the net) has to be attacked (preferably with a jump)
- for EVERY ball you must call it loose
- every player has to hit the ball once
series of exercises to train postural muscles
- hip crossover
- left hand on right knee, right hand on right ankle, left leg extended (15 cm off the ground), shoulders off the ground -> change: right hand on left knee, left hand on left ankle, right leg extended. Calm movement!
- On hands/knees (shoulders - torso - legs rectangle). Turn right leg and right arm up towards the ceiling, hips together. From here, turn back, dog pose, swing left leg up, back to hands/knees. Repeat! Idem left.
- Side posture, upper leg stretched back, upper arm stretched forward. Bring hand to knee and stretch again. Repeat! Same as on the other side.
- Sit on right hip, right hand on the ground. From here up with left leg stretched towards ceiling and back again. Repeat! Same as left side.
- plank posture. From there, move foot by foot next to your hand and back again. Order: first right first, then left first (alternately).
- O1 throws/strikes aimed at P1 on the other side of the pitch
- P1 pass to V1 who catches it
- P1 becomes V1 becomes Or
- O2 throws/strikes directed at O1
- O2 pass to V2, who catches
- O2 becomes V2
- and so on
- Throws ball to P
- P pass to S
- S setup for P
- P attacks
- pass except sv