Volleyball drills for all skills
2 teams. 2 playing fields.
Setup zone and passing zone.
- Ball must be passed into the second zone.
- Ball is passed into the setup zone.
- Setup is done behind the 3 meter line (ball is hit standing up over the net).
- Setup player walks over the line of action
- Pass player goes to setup zone.
- New passer can only enter the field when old setup has passed the backline.
- Player serves ball.
- Passing to setter
- Setup gives ball back
- Defense to setup
- setup for attack
- Down ball or free ball is called
- Defence to setup
- quick pass to attacker
extension with block board
This exercise is for the pass and playmaker.
- 1 must save
- 3 passers
- 1 playmaker
The game proceeds as follows:
- Ball is passed to the distributor. Distributor must play the ball into the basket.
- Players turn except for distributor.
- Per 2 spars,
- 1 person works,
- alternating between short drop and a smash,
- after 10x short and 10x smash exchange
- This exercise is fun to do and gives a lot of fun and competition! Relays in general already create competition.
- What this exercise also wants to imitate is the stress factor that a service brings.
- The players are divided into equal teams and lined up on the serving area of the same court. The first player of a team serves and retrieves his ball. After the next player is tapped, this one serves, and so on.
- It is important for a player to serve quickly, but it must also be flawless, otherwise the ball must be retrieved and served again! Group for the first time must reach a multiple of the number of players in the group.
- If the teams are small, it is fun to have everyone serve two or three times.
- Minimum of 6 players
- As many balls as there are teams
- 2 players stand up on bench or cupboard
- 1 playmaker
- 1 attacker
- 4 defenders
- Coach throws ball to defenders,
- who play to sv,
- sv plays on attacker,
- attacker hits ball in the block,
- defenders make sure they are under the ball.
- Play out rally
- Players stand in line at the first bench
- Jumping on the first bench
- Jumping over the 2nd bench
- Jumping on the lower board 2 pieces
- Jumping on the high board 3 or 4 pieces
- Pass ball to defending player
- Around the post and defend again
- Player on his belly on the 3 meter line
- Player at the net hits the ball throws up and hits the ball, player on his belly comes up and defends the ball
- step back and repeat
- player stands on the backline with his back to the net
- player at the net calls yes and hits the ball or throws the ball short
- player turns around and defends or ducks the ball
- player stands on a chair with a ball a little distance from the net
- second player tries to take the ball from his hands with a block jump
One side of the net
- Attacking player on his/her position
- Passer ( libero if necessary )
The other side
- 2 blockers ( center and corner ) --> 1 block if there is a center player on the other side
- Defenders on all positions
- Someone passes to offensive player and libero
- Build up and try to score
- Blockers set up a block go for the ball
- Defenders try to defend the ball
Attacking player gets 10 balls and he/she must try to score as much as possible.
--> possibly also let them use the 3 meter attack