Volleyball drills for all skills
- Coach plays rally ball in the field,
- defender comes from right back,
- passes ball to position 2/3,
- set up outside,
- attacker stands ready on 3 meter line,
- after pass attack cover.
- 2 balls per pair.
- One throws the ball, the other plays back the BH.
- Throw in the 2nd ball when the 1st one comes back.
- Together they keep 2 balls in the air:
- So twice as much ball contact as when working with 1 ball.
- Variations/expansion: throw something to the left/right (move > stand still), throw something short/long.
- 2 fixed playmakers stand at the net and take turns.
- Other players are divided into 2 rows at mid and outside.
- Outsiders pass the ball to the distributor.
- Playmaker gives set-up to mid or outside. Both players attack (fake attack).
- The player who attacked retrieves the ball and returns it. Other player remains standing and attacks again.
- A serves at B
- B plays into C
- C sets up and B plays over the net
- Run after own ball
- Lunges forward 2x
- Lunges backward 2x
- squats 2x 15
- dead bug 2 x 15
- plank 2 x 30 sec.
- plank with exit 1x 30 sec
- side plank both sides 1x 30 sec
See picture. Each team 2 balls. 2 players at the net a few meters apart, other player in the backfield.
- Exercise 1: Players take turns throwing the ball, player in the backfield plays the ball back underhand.
- Exercise 2: First ball comes deep, second ball comes short
- Exercise 3: Throwers stand a little further apart and throw straight: player with ball on the sideline throws deep, other throws short.
After x-number of balls or after a certain time swap places.
- Pairs facing each other with a net in between
- There is a cone under the net
- Players play the ball overhead in front of themselves and then pass the ball to others
- After playing, they tap the cone under the net and get back to their feet
- 2 rows of players
- 1 row on the left back
- 1 row at the right back
- create with 4 pawns a virtual line where they have to stand behind
- trainer stands at the other side of the net and throws the ball somewhere in the field.
- 1 of the 2 front rows calls LOS orIK (agree who takes short or deep)
- This player passes the ball over the net to the previous player.
- catch a round for the next player
- If you did not have the ball, join the shortest row.
To stretch the shoulder and upper back muscles in preparation for the blocking movement.
Repetitions: 3series of 5 repetitions. Take a few moments of rest between the series.
- Stand at some distance from the net with your face to the net.
- Place your hands diagonally above your head in the blocking position.
- Make controlled blocking movements towards the net at a calm pace. Make yourself as long as possible without jumping.
- Do this 5 times.
Do a total of 3 series of 5 repetitions. In between the series, take a few moments of rest.