Volleyball drills for all skills
- replay OH
- replay BH
- replay OH+BH
- 2 against 2
- Trainer throws/strikes the ball from the side.
- 2nd ball obligatory overhead,
- attack punched.
- Defense etc.
- Loser leaves the field,
- Winner changes half.
- A serves to B.
- B passes the ball to the playmaker, who then plays a high ball into the backfield.
- B defends this ball back to the playmaker, who then gives a setup for A.
- A attacks on this setup.
After the attack, A takes B's place and B becomes a reserve. The playmaker stays.
The outfield attackers use the left half of the court with one playmaker. The middle attackers and diagonal attackers use the right half with another playmaker.
- After the service, A takes a second ball.
- After B's attack A throws this ball into the field.
- B plays this ball to the playmaker, the playmaker gives a setup.
- B attacks again.
- Players divide on both back lines as two teams.
- All have a ball.
- Players one half take turns serving all.
- On wrong service, all run to the net and make block jump.
- Other team does the same.
- Done when both teams have a mistake-free service series.
- serve with restrictions (one half or length (for 7m line))
- only overhand
- Good service also under pressure
- Attacking from outside on two pitches.
- Players pay attention to their run-up and both arms.
- After that attack the middle of two fields.
- Then 3 players in field B defend and 3 players in field A attack.
- Coach throws ball to trio in field A.
- Pass, set up, attack.
- If trio in field B defends or hits the ball well, we switch.
- Players in field A go to field B and new trio goes on reserve attack.
- Otherwise the defense stays.
Running in circles and stretching
1. Run around the field
- A starts with shuffle sideways, then on 3m line sideways,
- (B waits for A to start sideways)
- Attack jump to the net,
- sideways and on mid a block jump,
- At the end of the game a block jump on both sides of the net,
- 2x shuffle backwards to 3m line, attack jump,
- Long shuffle to the backline,
- back to the beginning.
- Perform twice.
- There are many variation possibilities, in addition to all forms of moving (shuffle, sideways, backwards, running), diving and/or rolling forward and backwards can be included in the course.
- sit ups 30 sec,
- Support on left elbow, knees bent, right hand on right knee 30 sec,
- support on right elbow,
- left hand on left knee 30 sec,
- ankle tapping 30 sec
- Push-ups 30 sec,
- planks 30 sec,
- mountain climbers 30 sec
- squats 30 sec,
- lunges 30 sec,
- handwalk 30 sec
Fanatic playing in pairs
Movement and pass (overhead) (5 to 9)
- A, B and C with ball near the net.
- T (trainer) with ball behind the net.
- D passes back balls thrown to him by A, B and C.
- D walks around the net and passes the ball from T.
- D returns to starting position.
- Repeat 3 or 4 times.
- B throws the ball shorter
- The ball is hit by T
- The balls are thrown faster
- D plays everything back overhand
- First stand still then play
- Move well sideways
- Turn in well, stand in the direction of play
- 1 player at one side of the net
- other players on other side
- solo player shows the move, others mirror it on the other side of the net
- players stand opposite each other about 2-6 meter apart (players determine the distance)
- player 2 hits the ball to player 1
- player 1 returns the ball with reception
- player 2 gives a set-up to player 1
- player 1 hits the ball
- player 2 returns ball in reception
- player 1 sets up player 2
|player 1||player 2|
Trainer throws ball to defender, there are 3 rows of attackers at position 2, 3 and 4 ready. SV chooses a striker. Attackers pay attention to their run-up and arms.
The purpose of the exercise is twofold: the defender must learn to 'read' where the attacker is going to hit and the attacker must look where the defence is before hitting.
We work with two regular playmakers, on both sides of the field a row of attackers on the left-for position. And two defenders, who may choose where they position themselves on the field. A defender has to defend the attack 10 times, preferably a nice pass, but touching is enough. If the attacker hits the net or leaves the field, that also counts. And the attackers may only smash, no prick balls! After the attack, the attacker retrieves the ball and joins the other row. The attacker who defends the ball at the 10th time takes the place of the defender. The defender will then of course attack.
- 8 - 10 players
- enough balls
If there are less players, the exercise can also be done, but then on one side. The attacker retrieves the ball and joins the same line.
The blocker joins in, indicates where he is going to block and the mid-back goes to his place.