Volleyball drills for all skills
2 vs 2, play ball over the net
: - throw loose and follow ball -
underhand pass -
overhand pass -
ball comes over the net short, 1 player takes reception move backwards, gets ball deep from 2nd player at the net, reception back to net player who passes ball backwards.
- If necessary, switch to reception pass and technical attack behind the 3m line.
- If the group has an odd number of players, they always pass after passing the ball.
See picture. Each 3 players 2 balls. 2 players at the net a few meters apart, other player on the 3-m line and shuffle always from front to back: first r-for then l-for.
- Exercise 1: Players take turns throwing the ball, player in the backfield plays the ball back underhand.
- Exercise 2: First ball comes deep (BH return), 2nd ball comes short (OH return) - must be catchable!
- Exercise 3: Throwers stand a little further apart and throw straight: player with ball on the sideline throws deep, other short (not catchable)
- Exercise 4: player with ball on the sideline does an intermediate test and then gives a deep ball, player in the field takes this ball OH and plays it to player B at the net. Player B can then immediately return a ball on the 3-meter line or test the ball to the player on the sideline and then the exercise starts again.
After x-number of balls or after a certain time swap places.
Two sides of the net are used.
- Player 1 stands at one side of the net, throws up the ball and hits it to player 2, who stands in a service-pass position;
- It is important to use the right technique when hitting the ball;
- Player 2 passes the ball to the trainer;
- Player 2 passes the ball to the trainer; pay attention to the passing to the desired set position;
- The trainer catches the ball and throws it immediately in a perfect setup (start with a 1m set which contains a peak);
- Player 2 gets into position for the attack, and attacks in a specific area (use pawns as targets);
- After the attack, the player advances to the serving position;
- After player 1 hits the ball, he connects behind the line of passers/attackers.
* You divide your players into 2 pairs.
* Each pair 1 ball
* Each on a side of the net
* 1 player throws the ball up over the netband, both try to block the ball.
20 balls and then switch tasks.
* Now 1 block the other may shoot
Each pair 1 ball.
1 person throws the ball. the other person plays the ball back overhand with hard contact.
change after 20 balls.
step 2: pass to each other with the hard contact technique.
1 with the ball at the net
Step 1: the other one gets down on his knees at 7 metres. then he lies down flat on his belly in the sand and makes a butterfly. now the range of the player has been determined.
Step 2: Same exercise but now from crouch and 1 step which increases the reach (again let the player determine the reach).
change after 15 balls
3 players stand ready. the other 3 take turns serving a ball over the net.
One player passes, one player sets, one player catches.
After finishing they rotate one place: catcher becomes server, server becomes passer.
- Divide the group into pairs.
- Have one person of the pair start at the net, while the others take place on the back line.
- The persons on the backline make sure they have a ball and possibly a spare ball.
- The persons at the net are going to make a block jump, after which they immediately turn around to defend a ball from the person on the back line. This ball can be tapped, hit or played into the court.
It is therefore important to turn around immediately after the block and to look at the situation. They should also be careful not to step in too quickly, in connection with a possible passed ball.
Let the people at the net defend 10 balls, after which they are exchanged.
- 2 rows of players
- 1 row on the left back
- 1 row at the right back
- create with 4 pawns a virtual line where they have to stand behind
- trainer stands at the other side of the net and throws the ball somewhere in the field.
- 1 of the 2 front rows calls LOS orI (agree on that)
- this player passes the ball (in/to) the basket that is between position 2 and 3.
- Ball in the basket is 2 points for the team, against the basket is 1 point.
- Set a target for the team, for example 25 points.
It is possible to add a distributor and an attacker, provided the assignment runs well.