Volleyball drills for all skills
Players stand in a line across the width of the field
The trainer indicates gestures with his hands:
Up --> players forward
Down --> players to the back
Left/Right --> players go left or right
Clap hands --> burpee
Two hands up --> three blocks at the net
- start at the back line (or choose other lines)
- tap 1 line to the front
- back to the starting line -> touch it
- 2 lines forward -> touch
- 1 line back -> touch
- 2 lines forward -> touch
- There are three mats each in a corner of the field (half a hall is sufficient).
- There are two tickers. The rest stand on one of the mats.
- The taggers try to tag the other players.
- The players try to run from mat to mat as often as possible. Each time they succeed in doing so, they get 1 point.
- If a player is tagged, the counter goes to 0 and he has to knock over a pawn.
- If 5 pawns are knocked down, the ticker is changed. This can also be done after 1-2 minutes instead of knocking over pawns.
- Which player got the most points?
- Instead of changing pawns after 5 pawns, you can also change the time. For example, after 1-2 minutes you can change the catchers.
- Instead of every mat being 1 point, you can also practise counting: every mat is 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9 points. Of course depending on the age.
- You can also adjust the number of tickers (more or less).
- Place hats on the corners of a field
- 2 players are the taggers, the rest moves around the field
- the 2 taggers must tag the other players with the ball. They are not allowed to walk with the ball
- By throwing over the ball the taggers can kick off the other players
- If you are tapped or outside the box you are out and you belong to the taggers.
Loosening up ankles, knees, hips, shoulders, wrists and neck
Abdominal exercises with the ball:
ball from left hip to right hip, planks 30 sec, lie down with ball and up, mountain climbers 30 sec, feet off the ground ball sideways, planks and jump with feet
lateral lunges, scorpion, hip cross over, inverted hamstring
Defend block with dive
1 blocks first at the center and then at the left front
after block turn around and defend attack from 3 back
then defends (in dive) short ball from 5
2 is next
1 to short ball
3 to blocking
5 to attack
2 equal teams
1 defensive team, 1 offensive team
You play in the width of the field
Defensive team: stands behind a sideline. Each player has a pawn in front of him/her at a distance of 1 to 2 meters.
Attacking team: stands on the opposite side of the pitch. Trying to 'steal' these pawns. They do this by taking a pawn and putting it behind their line.
The defending team must try to knock off the other team. But if they cross their line, they have to tap someone, if not, that person is out.
If someone on the attacking team is tagged, he or she is also out and the pawn must be placed back.
Attacking team: steal all pawns
Defending team: kick everyone off
See picture. Take turns throwing the ball. After throwing the ball touch the back line and go back to the same spot.
Throwing good? Then all underhand. Later all above hands.
Trainer throws ball:
1. Pass â€" catch run through (B puts ball in box and joins back)
2. Pass â€" setup â€" overhand play (A plays ball 1-3 B 2, C passes ball in front of himself)
3. Same B. Only now C passes ball to position 2-3 where 1 player will be standing.
- Trainer chooses lines and numbers them 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.
- everybody stands on the outside line
- trainer calls a number and everyone runs to the line with that number
- repeat a number of times
- then the last one, who comes on the line is out.
Ankles, knees, hips, shoulders, wrists neck loosening
10x up, 10x teletubbie, 10x tapping feet, legs to left, 10x teletubbies, 10x legs to right, 8x pushups
scorpion, hip cross over, handwalk, inverted hamstring, lunges
- After that 3 people who throw a ball (long, short, long)
- the other players pass the ball and move well sideways and forwards and backwards
- Stand still while passing
- Then the players hit the balls
- Then hit, short, red ball
To practice jumping make 2 pairs.
It's not about the run up but purely about the jump.
1 of the 2 sits on the ground with the feet straight ahead and the arms spread.
The other jumps for example over the right arm after that over the legs and then again over left arm. (5 rounds and then switch)