Volleyball drills for all skills
- Attacking from outside on two pitches.
- Players pay attention to their run-up and both arms.
- After that attack the middle of two fields.
- Then 3 players in field B defend and 3 players in field A attack.
- Coach throws ball to trio in field A.
- Pass, set up, attack.
- If trio in field B defends or hits the ball well, we switch.
- Players in field A go to field B and new trio goes on reserve attack.
- Otherwise the defense stays.
Running in circles and stretching
1. Run around the field
- A starts with shuffle sideways, then on 3m line sideways,
- (B waits for A to start sideways)
- Attack jump to the net,
- sideways and on mid a block jump,
- At the end of the game a block jump on both sides of the net,
- 2x shuffle backwards to 3m line, attack jump,
- Long shuffle to the backline,
- back to the beginning.
- Perform twice.
- There are many variation possibilities, in addition to all forms of moving (shuffle, sideways, backwards, running), diving and/or rolling forward and backwards can be included in the course.
- sit ups 30 sec,
- Support on left elbow, knees bent, right hand on right knee 30 sec,
- support on right elbow,
- left hand on left knee 30 sec,
- ankle tapping 30 sec
- Push-ups 30 sec,
- planks 30 sec,
- mountain climbers 30 sec
- squats 30 sec,
- lunges 30 sec,
- handwalk 30 sec
Fanatic playing in pairs
Movement and pass (overhead) (5 to 9)
- A, B and C with ball near the net.
- T (trainer) with ball behind the net.
- D passes back balls thrown to him by A, B and C.
- D walks around the net and passes the ball from T.
- D returns to starting position.
- Repeat 3 or 4 times.
- B throws the ball shorter
- The ball is hit by T
- The balls are thrown faster
- D plays everything back overhand
- First stand still then play
- Move well sideways
- Turn in well, stand in the direction of play
- 1 player at one side of the net
- other players on other side
- solo player shows the move, others mirror it on the other side of the net
- players stand opposite each other about 2-6 meter apart (players determine the distance)
- player 2 hits the ball to player 1
- player 1 returns the ball with reception
- player 2 gives a set-up to player 1
- player 1 hits the ball
- player 2 returns ball in reception
- player 1 sets up player 2
|player 1||player 2|
Trainer throws ball to defender, there are 3 rows of attackers at position 2, 3 and 4 ready. SV chooses a striker. Attackers pay attention to their run-up and arms.
The purpose of the exercise is twofold: the defender must learn to 'read' where the attacker is going to hit and the attacker must look where the defence is before hitting.
We work with two regular playmakers, on both sides of the field a row of attackers on the left-for position. And two defenders, who may choose where they position themselves on the field. A defender has to defend the attack 10 times, preferably a nice pass, but touching is enough. If the attacker hits the net or leaves the field, that also counts. And the attackers may only smash, no prick balls! After the attack, the attacker retrieves the ball and joins the other row. The attacker who defends the ball at the 10th time takes the place of the defender. The defender will then of course attack.
- 8 - 10 players
- enough balls
If there are less players, the exercise can also be done, but then on one side. The attacker retrieves the ball and joins the same line.
The blocker joins in, indicates where he is going to block and the mid-back goes to his place.
Running in circles and stretching
Each exercise (or choose some) is done for 30 seconds followed by 15 sec rest:
- Knee lifts on the spot-
Wall sit and pass ball-
Push-Ups (each at their own level)
- Sit-ups (straight and/or oblique abs)-
a. 2 legs sideways with a bench in between. Then jump on and off.
b. Jump with 2 legs on the bench (sideways) and off again. Then to the left on the bench and off again. 30 sec on your own place.
Hip cross over 10x, scorpion 10x, planks 10x, squats 10x
The four quarter courts are numbered (see the triangles in the picture). The goal is for the team to reach field 1. You do this by making no mistakes! On each field stands a threesome or twosome.
The game starts with bringing the ball into the field. This can be done by the trainer, but a player can also throw the ball over the net.
The pair that receives the ball plays it back over the net three times (mandatory!), etc.
The team that makes a mistake goes out of the field (in case of 5 teams) or to field four (in case of 4 teams).
The other teams move one space forward.
So if the team in field two makes a mistake, it goes out, field three moves on to field 2, field 4 to field 3 and the 5th team goes to field 4.
After 10 minutes the game stops, whichever team is in field 1 is the winner!
- Trainer throws the ball,
- player forms a circle with arms through which the ball must fall.
- Players walk with the ball bouncing through the room
- and must try to knock off the balls of the other players along the way.
- The one who is left has won.
- Players are given ribbons in knee pads and must try to take each other's ribbons.
- When a player loses a ribbon, the trainer will give him a new one.
- Who has collected the most ribbons, has won.
- Goal: sit low.