Volleyball drills for all skills
1 side of the field: 1 player on 2, 1 player on 4 on the 3 meter line (possible reserves)
Other side of the field: 1 player on 2 and on 4 at the net, 1 player on 5 and on 1 (possible reserves)
- Throwing over Players on the 3 meter line on 2/4 are going to throw over the ball in overhand technique to 1 and 5. These players will catch the OH and bring it to 2/4 at the net. After-action: Blocking at the net + diving off after having passed the ball.
- Passing: To 1/5, still bring ball to 2/4. 2/4 at the net go and catch the ball BH in correct technique. After-action: Blocking at the net+ diving off after a hit.
1 person in the middle on the other side of the net:
- Ball is skipped/thrown to 1/5 (make clear choice), 1/5 play ball to center of field(3) 1 meter from net.
- This person is going to play the ball to the one who has not taken a reception. When 1 has taken reception, 5 comes to the net in front and is going to hit this ball to 1. 1 brings this reception back to 3.
- 3 turns to other side by RS stays standing, attacker becomes 3, reserve comes in.
- After-action: block + tap wall
- We play with 3 players on one field
- After passing the ball the player blocks and walks backwards through the ladder to connect with the other players
- on either side of the net.
- Players play a game in which the ball must be played over the net in one go.
- After playing the ball, walk forwards to the net and make a block
- If you get the ball on the ground near the opponent's sideline (trainers referee if it is close enough) the opponent must run around the opponent's field.
- You can only score behind the 3 meter line/ against the sideline/backline
A few turns on the loose
- Squats (2x12)
- Lunges (12 each side)
- Planks (side and straight plank) (20sec each)
- Side stance and leg raises (15x each side)
- Flat on the floor and arms at 90Â° and lift (15x)
3 teams A B C
- A plays BH to B
- B plays BH backwards to C
- The elbows are outwards when playing backwards.
- C plays BH to B
- C has to play and stretch from the knees
- after 10x 1 spot turn
- Pay much attention to the following accents:
- Make sure that the player stretches completely and points the ball 'behind'.
- And when playing backwards, make sure the elbows are well apart and extended backwards as well.
- Hopping over the bank
- Slalom around the pawns.
- Attack pass to the net and shuffle backwards diagonally (3x attack pass and 2x shuffle).
- Step under the net.
- Sideways past the net with head under net edge.
- Make a dive across the field.
- Walk around the pawn and sprint over the backline.
- Run back to starting position.
- Line of attackers on the outside,
- nr 2 throws ball to SV
- No. 1 attacks on the outside, paying attention to the run.
- After that row of attackers in the middle.
Play fanatically in pairs.
Then in 3 teams
- 1 at the net
- other 2 on 2 sides in the back of the field
- B throws the ball to A
- B passes under the net
- A plays the ball UNDER HANDS to C
- C plays the ball UNDER HAND to B
- B catches the ball
- B throws the ball to C
- B passes under the net
- C over the net to A
- 3 x run
- 3 x run with arms waving
- 2 x sideways
- 2 x cross stride
- 2 x heels-buttons
- 2 x knee lifts
Loosening ankles, knees, hips, shoulders, neck, wrists
- sit ups
- knees 90 degrees, sit ups and your hands touch under your knee
- knees to the left, up
- knees to the right, up
- lie down, arms swing to your feet
- tap ankles
- mountain climbers
- fanatically playing in pairs
- Then player with ball at the net, passes ball on 7 m
- Then at 3 m on top and underhand
- After that at 7 m, at 3 m
- 5 red balls
Throw ball, run, pass and catch
- Row 1 players ready to play ball
- Row 2 players behind trainer with the ball
- Front pushes trainer ball in hand and joins row 1
- Trainer throws the ball into the field and player from row 1:
- Runs to the ball, 1x OH and then catch
- Runs to the ball, 1x BH and then catch
- Runs towards the ball,,1x OH, 1x BH and then catch
- Runs to the ball and touches it anyway : dive
- Bring ball to trainer
- High tempo and adapt to the player.
- Trainer chooses 4 (or 5) lines and numbers them 1, 2, 3, 4 etc.
- everyone stand on the outer line
- trainer calls out a line number and everyone runs to it
- do this a number of times
- at a given moment the last one who reaches the line falls off
- Until there is a winner.
- disadvantage of this is, that the lesser runners do not get better, because they fall off first.