volleyball drills for all skills
this exercise teaches the players to play 'smart'. Just over the net, or in the back in the corners
explanation is for 6 players
- line 1 of 3 players with ball behind trainer
- rij 2 of 2 players to attack at left forward
- player from line 1 pushes ball in hands trainer, and player immediately walks to reserve position sv
- Trainer throws ball up to centre forward
- Play SV from centre forward the ball overarm on right or left forward (as setup)
- sv walks immediatelyafter playing the ball to the line of attackers
- there are 5 hoops on the other field
- 1 in all corners of the field and 1 in the middle of the field
- player comes in play ball in hoop
- if this works SV AND PLAYER a point
- get own ball, join line servers
- in this exercise it is important to immediately walk on after the action
- Is allowed 3x for yourself
- No bonus points for 3x playing
- serve normally
- half field
- antenna in middle of the net
- end line at around 3 m
- this exercise teaches them to:
- play smart, short, etc
- properly assess in and out
- on responsibility!
- Go forward immediately after serving, otherwise the ball will be on the ground right over the net
- train forward to move backwards, and immediately position after playing! Emphasize this
Split group in 3
- Put a mat in every field randomly.
- here is a group to serve on 2 sides.
- Serve on the mat.
- Then you follow the ball and join the line on the other side.
- Who has hit the mat the most often?
- pairs with 1 ball.
- 1 field full of hoops.
- Player 1 is in a random hoop, and player 2 serves towards it.
- If player 1 catches the ball without leaving the hoop, the hoop is for the pair.
- Who has the most hoops in the end?
- per hoop a point
- 2 players, 1 catcher
- The rest is going to serve.
- You serve to score, and then you become player
- Players have to try to play 1x and the other catch
- Player becomes catcher, and catcher is going to serve.
- You score a point if the player cannot catch the ball in 2x
- 2 players, each have their own ball
- 1 of 2 players is the boss, the other follower (later reverse this)
- You start simple and you can expand with various difficulties
- if the boss throws the ball with a bounce, the follower throws the ball on breast height to the bass
- if the boss throws the ball on breast height, the follower throws the ball with a bounce.
- More difficult: if the boss puts down the ball, the follower also puts down the ball, and both walk to the ball of the other, boss throws bounce or breast ball etc
- More difficult: if the boss throws the ball in a high arch, then:
- the follower first throws his own ball in the air
- catches the boss' ball
- immediately throws it back
- catches his own ball
- after a while, change all bosses and followers
- We play on the two outer fields
- In the centre field is a cone in the middle of the field
- on both sides of the net.
- Players play a game in which the ball has to be played at once over the net
- If you have played the ball, you skip sideways towards the cone, touch it, and join the back of the line.
- if the group is larger than three, it can be expanded with block and then backwards to the cone)
- If you can get the ball on the ground in the opponent's field close to the side line (trainers decide whether it is close enough), the opponents have to walk around their opponent's field.
- Both players have a ball
- Start the exercise easy, build up according to level
- 1 of 2 is the boss (change after a while)
- the boss decides how he throws the ball to the other
- with a bounce, the follower throws a breast ball
- the boss throws a breast ball, the follower throws a bounce
- make more difficult:
- boss throws ball in high arch, follower first throws his own ball up high, catches ball boss, then catches own ball
- puts ball on the ground, follower puts ball on the ground, and both run to each others ball, and boss quickly decides something
- the idea is to make it hard for each other
- Player stands with bucket above head at the net
- You can move a little, but not bend over!
- Player with bucket remains for 1 round
- Trainer is on the end line/or in the middle of the field with 2 lines players:
- 3 players with ball (with trainer)
- 3 without ball (on the end line)
- Player with ball pushes ball in hands trainer
- Trainer randomly throws ball in field and player dunks ball in bucket
- in the bucket is a point
- player takes his own ball and joins line with ball
- walk back around
- in the bucket is a point
- Make increasingly difficult!
- 2 lines of players
- 1 line left in the back
- 1 line right in the back
- create a virtual line with 4 cones behind which they have to line up
- trainer is on the other side of the net   and throws the ball somewhere in the field
- 1 of 2 most front in the line callsLET GO or IK (agree)
- this player passes the ball over the net to the previous player
- a round of catching for the next
- If you did not have the ball, join the shortest line
- The players are randomly placed in the field.
- The ball is caught and immediately thrown over the net (play 1 time).
- The player throws the ball as he catches it. When the player has thrown the ball, he/she will go to the wall (in the back of the field or on the side), touches it, and comes back into the field.
- The other players have rotated a spot.
- When someone throws a foul (in the net or outside), he has to run around the field of the opponent
- Possibly...chaos, in which you have to play the ball instead of catch it.
The trainer is on one side of the net, the children are on the other side of the net in a line behind the end line
The first of the line enters and performs the exercises
- 2 upper arms in the neck, let bounce, and catch
- Let bounce between the legs, turn around, and catch.
- Let bounce on two upper legs with jump and catch.
- Let bounce on 2 insteps with jump and catch.
- Let bounce on shoulder and catch.
- The caught ball in box at trainer and join the back of the line
Very important to catch the ball
Be enthusiastic, stimulate the children to catch the ball
For the trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.