Volleyball drills for all skills
- Team setup, when possible on two sides.
- 1 side serves the team
- team that receives service tries to score.
- After scoring 3 times, rotate 1 position.
Team setup side A, remaining players side B in two rows at position 2 and 4. Attacking the team.
Emphasis is on proper blocking and defense. In defence make sure you are low, on your front feet and move until the ball is hit.
Note: what are your agreements in defence with regard to the block?
Playing in pairs fanatically.
Block defend with dive
1 blocks first at the centre and then at the left front.
after the block, turns around and defends back the attack of 3.
then defends (in dive) short ball from 5
2 is next
Turn over: 1 to short ball, 3 to blocking, 5 to attack
- Watts relay:
- 2 (or more) groups competing against each other.
- For each group there is a cotton wool and that must be brought from one side to the other by means of a dive and blowing once.
- You may start as soon as the person in front of you taps you
3 players along each side in the field and the reserves outside the field along each side.
- Ball is played in by player of winning team: every person along one side of the net must have touched the ball. The ball must be played behind the 3 meter line.
- Team that makes a mistake runs to the other side, taps the wall and then looks to see where there is room to slide in.
- Ball must be passed OH/ BH.
- Must be behind the 3-metre line.
- Must be passed over.
- Must be passed from 6.
1 side of the field: 1 player on 2, 1 player on 4 on the 3 meter line (possible reserves)
Other side of the field: 1 player on 2 and on 4 at the net, 1 player on 5 and on 1 (possible reserves)
- Throwing over Players on the 3 meter line on 2/4 are going to throw over the ball in overhand technique to 1 and 5. These players will catch the OH and bring it to 2/4 at the net. After-action: Blocking at the net + diving off after having passed the ball.
- Passing: To 1/5, still bring ball to 2/4. 2/4 at the net go and catch the ball BH in correct technique. After-action: Blocking at the net+ diving off after a hit.
1 person in the middle on the other side of the net:
- Ball is skipped/thrown to 1/5 (make clear choice), 1/5 play ball to center of field(3) 1 meter from net.
- This person is going to play the ball to the one who has not taken a reception. When 1 has taken reception, 5 comes to the net in front and is going to hit this ball to 1. 1 brings this reception back to 3.
- 3 turns to other side by RS stays standing, attacker becomes 3, reserve comes in.
- After-action: block + tap wall
- We play with 3 players on one field
- After passing the ball the player blocks and walks backwards through the ladder to connect with the other players
- on either side of the net.
- Players play a game in which the ball must be played over the net in one go.
- After playing the ball, walk forwards to the net and make a block
- If you get the ball on the ground near the opponent's sideline (trainers referee if it is close enough) the opponent must run around the opponent's field.
- You can only score behind the 3 meter line/ against the sideline/backline
A few turns on the loose
- Squats (2x12)
- Lunges (12 each side)
- Planks (side and straight plank) (20sec each)
- Side stance and leg raises (15x each side)
- Flat on the floor and arms at 90Â° and lift (15x)
3 teams A B C
- A plays BH to B
- B plays BH backwards to C
- The elbows are outwards when playing backwards.
- C plays BH to B
- C has to play and stretch from the knees
- after 10x 1 spot turn
- Pay much attention to the following accents:
- Make sure that the player stretches completely and points the ball 'behind'.
- And when playing backwards, make sure the elbows are well apart and extended backwards as well.