Volleyball drills for all skills
Ball is played underhand to each other from the 4 meter line. - After playing block on the middle - move to the right and block - under the net and block - low defence back to the line
Field in half divided over the length
2 rows of players on the backline in each half
2 playmakers at the net in each half
Coach and ass serve from other side
Front players come in and pass ball to SV
Ball back to coach and ass.
- 4 to 5 players on the back line - at A: push-ups 10 x - at B:blocking 10 x fast hopping - for C: sideways between 3 meter line 10 x - D: sit-ups 20 x
In this exercise, positions 4 and 7 are not occupied. On the right is sv.
Accent in this exercise:
- pass, block and sv
- Try to play through and vary attacking balls: smash, hole in the middle or play on the lines left and right (in the back is difficult because there is no miss-back who can defend the ball.
Trainer plays high ball at the back
Pass to SV
Trainer plays to 1 or 2
Set up to the other
Block set up
1. Exercise starts with everyone (5 players) making 3 passes each to the sv position. The sv runs in and plays the ball bravely to the outside. There stands 1 player to catch the ball. He calls right or wrong. After catching the ball throw it to the player next to the trainer. 2 Other players stand behind the passer. After 3 times 1 position turn.
When everyone has been through the same thing again but then set up in the middle.
Points of attention: quick start of the sv (run in), playing brace and good pass.
2. After that line up in the back and pass a ball that is thrown/striked by the trainer. Set up by incoming sv. Left front or in the middle stands attacker who hits ball. Chasing the ball and throwing it in the box.
Attacker indicates who is coming: outside or centre.
- Extend your arms out to the sides with your fists clenched and your thumbs up.
- Bend forward with your left leg extended until your upper body is completely horizontal while balancing on your right foot. Move your left leg and torso as one.
- Do the same with your right leg while balancing on your left foot.
- Repeat these movements several times, alternating between your left and right legs.
Each exercise (or choose a number) is done for 30 seconds followed by 15 sec rest:
- Knee lifts on the spot-
Wall sit and pass ball-
Push-Ups (each at their own level)
- Sit-ups (straight and/or oblique abs)
- Bench jumps:
a. 2 legs sideways with a bench in between. Then jump on and off.
b. Jump with 2 legs on the bench (sideways) and off again. Then to the left on the bench and off again. 30 sec on your own place.
4 against 4 up to the 7 meter line
Team A serves, team B must try to score through a hard attack. If they don't succeed they have to leave and their place is taken by the other 3 team on hold. If they succeed, they can stay. Who makes the most scores in a row? Let them count themselves.
3-meter is allowed.
Hammering on the fact that they have to be precise when taking their UGP. Wait a long time before running, react to the setup.
Good timing in the middle. For us that means jumping when the SV plays the ball.