Volleyball drills for all skills
Goal of the exercise:
Increase speed and agility.
Explanation of the exercise:
Teams stand behind a pawn. Player 1 runs to the next pawn, goes around it and runs back. Player 2 can start when player 1 is back. The team that finishes first wins. Different forms: sprint, frog jump, tide, knee lift, hopscotch, wheelbarrow, sprint with ball, overhead play and underarm play.
Place a balloon on centerline. At the sign of the trainer you have to sprint to the balloon and then dive and blow very hard. After being tapped the next player can blow away the balloon. The player who is first to blow the balloon over the backline wins.
Duration of the exercise:
Over rope ladder, shuffling pawns
Around pawns, bouncing with ball.
Sprint to the hoop with the ball, bounce to the pawn, jump rope 5 times, to the opponent's hoop and back to the group.
Bring the ball between the legs to the other side.
Jumping buck. First one starts as a buck, second one over it, also in buck etc.
Three people on the back line with their backs to the net. When the coach calls yes, they have to run and play the ball in threes.
Thick mat against the net, you hit the mat and then you have to pass the ball
Put some mats at different places in the field. The children have to serve on these mats.
Hang the net on the lowest position and let the children attack. Pay special attention to the attacking pass and stroke!
- Right handed: left, right, left
- Left handed: right, left, right
- just not too high
- chalk line on the ground
- players on length together
Exercise 1. with 2 to each other throwing the ball, after first attacking towards the net, alternating.
Exercise 2. in pairs: run up with 1 ball in your hand and release it at the backswing (look where the ball lands!), alternating turns.
Exercise 3. each to himself: run with arm swing and other arm touching upper side of net (edge) [to get 2 arms in the air]. Throw the ball down (if that doesn't work, you can also ask to pass the ball in the air from one hand to your hitting hand).
- Throw the ball by the trainer and hit the ball (if Tanita is there we can make 2 rows. Distribution on length.
Pay attention to the run, not to the beautiful ball.
- You jump with your arms!
- Hit the ball with your belly!
- first throw over the ball (throwing-movement)
- just replay with 2 teams
- Overhand and underhand: short ball oh and long ball oh (15 times each back and forth)
- Variant: in the back 1 time in front of you (10 times each back and forth)
- Variant: in front of the team, play forwards once (OH and then BH); player who runs to and fro always touches the ground before the ball is played (10 times each backwards and forwards)