Volleyball drills for all skills
You divide your players into 2 teams.
* Each pair 1 ball
One of the pair is standing at the net to make a block.
The other player stands on the opposite side of the net with a ball. The player stands on the three-meter line and throws the ball just over the net.
The player standing on the three-meter line throws the ball just over the net.
* 20 balls and then switch tasks.
Blocking ball after attack
Each player remains standing for 10 blocks. The rest attack. For every ball you hit you get 1 point. It doesn't matter if you block the ball or not, but it has to be hit.
If it goes well: pay attention to the direction of your hands, block on the net (so no letter box in between).
Position 4 does not participate
SV swaps with 8 (so position 3 and 8 swap)
First with attack and after a number of balls switch positions (front / back).
You can also vary by giving different orders to attackers (where to attack and where to play the ball).
Trainer plays high ball in the back.
Pass to SV
Trainer plays to 1 or 2
Set up to the other
Block set up
Per 2 teams 1 ball, 1 person at the net, other in the backfield. Throw the ball to the person in the back (low over the ground). Defender must be able to get just under the ball and defend high with wrist movement.
The ball must fall between the 7 and the 9 or within the 3.
The ball between the 7 and the 9 must be hit with speed and pressure, not with a curve.
Hit the deep ball straight on, or from 1 to 1
Last assignment 5 balls between 7 and 9 and 5 balls between net and 3, count how many balls right.
- Field will be divided in 6 squares
- 3 boxes per field
- the trainer calls out a number between 1 and 6
- the players run to the concerning section
- In every field
- 1 passer,
- 1 catcher,
- 1 reserve and
- 2 servers.
- Serve, reserve, pass, catch and serve.
- Chasing your ball.
- Tr plays the ball to defender B
- B passes to sv sv gives a setup to position 2, 3 or 4
- C attack
- D take care of the blocking
- E tries to defend the ball
- Coach throws the ball to passer/runner 1.
- He passes to position 3, after which the distributor steps in.
- SV sets up passer/runner 1 or centre 1(X1).
- Passer/runner and center attack when they have the chance,
- Otherwise they must pass to the centre,
- in such a way that the free net defender (2) and the centre back (3) cannot reach it and the ball does not fall into the shaded area of the court.
- I use this exercise as a preparation for a game in which the opponent defends in a 3-2-1 formation and the weakest link is the center back.
- The ball must be pricked where the free net defender cannot reach it and where it still falls far enough before 3.
- Team 1(balls) get 10 balls to serve with.
- If a ball is passed
- and is caught on the half where it is passed,
- If the ball is hit into the net, it is taken out of play.
- also if it is served out,
- or is served into the net,
- it goes out of play.
- The team that serves the most wins.