volleyball drills for all skills
- The players are next to each other on the end line
- From a defensive position, take a step forward
- and the upper body is moved forward as low as possible.
- the stretched leg has to be bent so the body stays low.
- Meanwhile the arms are stretched, pointed forward.
- When the buttocks of the player move past the forward foot, the player will fall over, and the arms are placed next to each other on the ground to catch the fall
- While the hands are on the foot, the back should be hollow, and the body moves a bit further forward.
- The goal is that the belly touches the ground first.
- After, the player goes back to the place where he landed, and repeats the exercise, until the net is reached.
- Usually this takes 2 or 3 dives.
- select by putting the better players on field 1, increasing to field 6
- first cooperate: who reaches the first 7x in a row (do 2x)
- then against each other
- begin of catch-throw movement and then 2x overarm, over the
- then catch-throw movement, 3x overarm, over the, touch end line
- now move up-move down
- field 1 = winner, field 6 = loser
- so winner changes with loser on lower field, loser changes with winner on higher field
- who is the first to have 3 points
- without serving (being with catch-throw movements)
- on field 5 and 6: catch-throw movement, 3x overarm
- on field 3 and 4: catch-throw movement, 3x overarm, touch end line
- on field 1 and 2: serve (or catch-throw movement, if it is not working), play overarm 1x, play 1x or 2x overarm
- 3 to 4 players, 1 ball, entire field 3 to 4 players
- Lower net, and then match hitting ball over the net
- The other is trying to catch
- The ball can bounce 1 time and the other tries to catch (can also catch immediately)
- After catching, throw to other player and smash again
- If the ball is not caught, you have a point
this exercise teaches the players to play 'smart'. Just over the net, or in the back in the corners
explanation is for 6 players
- line 1 of 3 players with ball behind trainer
- rij 2 of 2 players to attack at left forward
- player from line 1 pushes ball in hands trainer, and player immediately walks to reserve position sv
- Trainer throws ball up to centre forward
- Play SV from centre forward the ball overarm on right or left forward (as setup)
- sv walks immediatelyafter playing the ball to the line of attackers
- there are 5 hoops on the other field
- 1 in all corners of the field and 1 in the middle of the field
- player comes in play ball in hoop
- if this works SV AND PLAYER a point
- get own ball, join line servers
- in this exercise it is important to immediately walk on after the action
- Is allowed 3x for yourself
- No bonus points for 3x playing
- serve normally
- half field
- antenna in middle of the net
- end line at around 3 m
- this exercise teaches them to:
- play smart, short, etc
- properly assess in and out
- on responsibility!
- Go forward immediately after serving, otherwise the ball will be on the ground right over the net
- train forward to move backwards, and immediately position after playing! Emphasize this
Split group in 3
- Put a mat in every field randomly.
- here is a group to serve on 2 sides.
- Serve on the mat.
- Then you follow the ball and join the line on the other side.
- Who has hit the mat the most often?
- pairs with 1 ball.
- 1 field full of hoops.
- Player 1 is in a random hoop, and player 2 serves towards it.
- If player 1 catches the ball without leaving the hoop, the hoop is for the pair.
- Who has the most hoops in the end?
- per hoop a point
- 2 players, 1 catcher
- The rest is going to serve.
- You serve to score, and then you become player
- Players have to try to play 1x and the other catch
- Player becomes catcher, and catcher is going to serve.
- You score a point if the player cannot catch the ball in 2x
- 2 players, each have their own ball
- 1 of 2 players is the boss, the other follower (later reverse this)
- You start simple and you can expand with various difficulties
- if the boss throws the ball with a bounce, the follower throws the ball on breast height to the bass
- if the boss throws the ball on breast height, the follower throws the ball with a bounce.
- More difficult: if the boss puts down the ball, the follower also puts down the ball, and both walk to the ball of the other, boss throws bounce or breast ball etc
- More difficult: if the boss throws the ball in a high arch, then:
- the follower first throws his own ball in the air
- catches the boss' ball
- immediately throws it back
- catches his own ball
- after a while, change all bosses and followers
- We play on the two outer fields
- In the centre field is a cone in the middle of the field
- on both sides of the net.
- Players play a game in which the ball has to be played at once over the net
- If you have played the ball, you skip sideways towards the cone, touch it, and join the back of the line.
- if the group is larger than three, it can be expanded with block and then backwards to the cone)
- If you can get the ball on the ground in the opponent's field close to the side line (trainers decide whether it is close enough), the opponents have to walk around their opponent's field.
For the Volleyball trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Volleyball training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.