Volleyball drills for all skills
condition and strength
- 4 to 5 players on the back line - for A: push-ups10 x - for B: attack run 5x - for C: blocking 5x - for D: sit-ups 10 x Loosen ankles, knees, hips, shoulders, neck, wrists Planks 10 sec, hip- cross over 10x, planks 10 sec, scorpion 10x, planks 10 sec, inverted hamstring 10x Play fanatically
Assume 2 teams
Person 1 throws the ball over the net (width of the field) person 2 catches the ball, person 1 moves 2 steps sideways.
Person 2 throws in the ball and person 1 catches the ball. Person 2 now moves 4 steps, etc.
Variations: throw the ball on to the 3 meter line, throw the ball on to the 7 meter line and walk back to the 3 meter line, pass the ball on to the other person and the other person passes on the ball to him/herself and catches it.
with this exercise the players learn to play 'smart'. just over the net or in the back corners
- Passers on position 5 and 6
- Attacker on the left front side
- sv at position 2-3
- Trainer throws ball to passers
- Passer gives pass to SV at position 2/3
- SV passes ball BH to left front player
- There is a two man block
- Catcher on the opposite side
- on the other field there are 5 hoops
- 1 in all corners of the field and 1 in the middle of the field
- player runs in and tries to play ball into the hoop
- if successful, SV and playerhave apoint.
- If the ball is blocked, the blockers have a point.
- After 10 attacks change
After 10 minutes we make it more difficult:
A block is added, the outside player closes the block diagonally (left hand at attacker's arm).
The blocker also gets points (touching the ball = 1, killing block = 2).
Assessing ball trajectory, shuffling, standing still, shoulders well and passing well.
- 3 players stand at the net/3 meter line.
- 1 catcher
- Trainer hits ball
- players shuffle backwards and pass to 2/3
- Catcher catches ball and puts it in the box.
- passer to receiver
- empty spot is filled
- Row 1 players ready to play ball
- Row 2 players behind trainer with ball
- Front pushes trainer ball in hand and joins row 1
- Trainer throws the ball into the field and player from row 1:
- Runs towards the ball, lets it bounce 1x, 1x OH and then catches it
- Runs to the ball, lets it bounce 1x, 1x BH and then catch
- Runs to the ball, let it bounce 1x, 1x OH, 1x BH and then catch
- Runs to the ball, does not bounce, and touches it anyway : diving
- Connect with ball in the back of line 2
- High tempo and adapt to the player.
Variation 1: OH back line (in 1x)
Variation 2: BH back line (in 1x)
Variation 3: in threes
Make 2 teams of about 5 children. Each team stands on one side of the field. Place 5 balls on both 3meter lines.
When the trainer calls GO, everyone rolls the balls to the other side. Who has the least balls in their field after 3 minutes has won.
3 players stand at the net with a ball. The rest stand in a line behind the backline, the first player (A) of the line steps in the backfield. Net player 1 attacks quietly, A passes back. Net player 2 throws a short high ball, A passes back (OH or BH). Net player 3 throws a long high ball, A passes back OH and joins the back of the row again. Depending on the size of the group you can play on 2 sides of the net or everyone on 1 side.
Each exercise (or choose a number) is done for 30 seconds followed by 15 sec rest:
- Knee lifts on the spot-
Wall sit and pass ball-
Push-Ups (each at their own level)
- Sit-ups (straight and/or oblique abs)
- Bench jumps-
Arm lifts with water bottles-
Planks (regular, or side)