Volleyball drills for all skills
Warm up together, someone will be designated to count:
- 12x run
- 3x sideways
- 3x cross pass
- 1x knee lift
- 1x buttocks tap
Back line to the net and back is 1x
After running there is 5 minutes room to stretch
- 2 teams of 4 with a net in between. In both teams 1 sv. The rest is divided in the back of the field.
- Trainer introduces ball and 3 players defend ball and pass to sv.
- If ball is played by la, then set up at mid or back, etc. Always in principle 2 attackers
- Attack blocked by sv and try to defend ball and build attack.
- When ball hits ground I play another ball in. After a while play to other team. Possibly exchange players.
- Gets a point if you score an attack without touching. Otherwise, point for other team.
Goal of the exercise:
Increase speed and agility.
Explanation of the exercise:
Teams stand behind a pawn. Player 1 runs to the next pawn, goes around it and runs back. Player 2 can start when player 1 is back. The team that finishes first wins. Different forms: sprint, frog jump, tide, knee lift, hopscotch, wheelbarrow, sprint with ball, overhead play and underarm play.
Place a balloon on centerline. At the sign of the trainer you have to sprint to the balloon and then dive and blow very hard. After being tapped the next player can blow away the balloon. The player who is first to blow the balloon over the backline wins.
Duration of the exercise:
Over rope ladder, shuffling pawns
Around pawns, bouncing with ball.
Sprint to the hoop with the ball, bounce to the pawn, jump rope 5 times, to the opponent's hoop and back to the group.
Bring the ball between the legs to the other side.
Jumping buck. First one starts as a buck, second one over it, also in buck etc.
Three people on the back line with their backs to the net. When the coach calls yes, they have to run and play the ball in threes.
Thick mat against the net, you hit the mat and then you have to pass the ball
Put some mats at different places in the field. The children have to serve on these mats.
Hang the net on the lowest position and let the children attack. Pay special attention to the attacking pass and stroke!