Volleyball drills for all skills
- row of players behind the back line
- First player lies down on his belly
- trainer stands at the other side of the net
- hits the ball and throws the ball
- player stands up and passes to midfielder/SV
- SV catches or grabs the ball and passes to trainer
- passer becomes SV
- try to keep a high tempo
Formation in system.
especially from a game situation and attention to short balls.
Ladder walking at high speed. Can be extended with left-right stepping out of the ladder with one or two feet.
Slalom around the pawns.
Attack pass to the net and shuffle backwards (3x attack pass and 2x shuffle).
Step under the net.
Sideways past the net with head under net edge.
Make a dive across the field.
Walk around the pawn and sprint over the backline.
Run back to starting position.
This is an exercise to see what happens when I create an exercise.
- Boll 1
- Dots 3
- player 1 at the net midfield
- number; players at mid-back with the ball
- row of players on the left (or right) side in front
- 2 corpses as disturbance/block on other side of the net
- 2 players as defence at the other side of the net
- player with ball throws to midfield
- midfield puts up HIGH
- left front attacks
- if hitting fails: play smart over the net
- if ball lands on the ground in the field you have a point
- Defenders try to prevent this.
- Everyone keeps on turning.
- Tackle becomes playmaker
- Defender joins the row of attackers
- Attacker passes under the net and becomes 1st defender.
- 2nd defender takes ball, passes under net and joins row of attackers
Making an attack run:
- Right handed: left, right, left
- Left handed: right, left, right
Players on length together
- on one side the net lower
- player throws ball to trainer
- trainer holds up the ball
- players knock the ball out of the hand of the trainer
- stay on own side of the net
watch the run up, not the beautiful ball
- jump with your arms!
- hit the ball with your belly!
- low net
- 2 passers, 1 off-set (SV), 2 server/BH throwers
- servers throw the ball tight to the passers
- passer plays ball to centre, centre catches ball
- everyone 1 place through
- passer right , becomes passer left
- passer left becomes SV
- SV becomes thrower
- thrower becomes passer right
- If throwing goes well, it can also be done with serving.
- players in certain position, trainer calls START and players sprint 3 to 4 steps to a line/net
- players in 'athletics start' position
- players on their stomachs with head in running direction
- players on their stomachs with feet in running direction
- players on their stomachs with dominant hand stretched forward
- at the start they roll to the dominant side 1x, stand up and sprint
- Walk slowly to the other side of the hall.
- One player indicates with a "yes" that the other players have to do an assignment.
- Another player gives the orders on the way back.
- The exercises are:
- Tap the ground
- Turn around your own axis
- Jump up
- Walk backwards
- Heels (6 times)
- On your hands and feet, at the command backwards on your hands and feet
- Start with short dribble step (tripplings) to field 2, then continue to knee lift (high tripplings), to field 3, then hop and stretch jump (stretching the body). Remember arms --> 2 times back and forth
- Squats with arm swing, bend through the knees (weight back as if sitting on a chair) swing the arms down and as soon as you come back up with the arms, the body also comes back up to the toes.--> 10 times tempo, 10 times easy, 5 times super slow
- Handwalk. Put the hand flat on the ground and walk as far as you can with your hands in front of you, walk back with the hands to below the shoulder, press up then walk with the feet to the hands