Volleyball drills for all skills
3 line up on the sideline and perform task.
- Throw forward ball for yourself and catch oh, pay attention to stretched arms and hands catch the ball
- Idem, only now catch bra. So above the head
- Throwing the ball for yourself, hopscotch and catch oh, when you catch you stand still for a moment in balance
- Idem now catch bra
2 teams play via overhead throw technique ball over the net. Catch the ball also overhead and stay like this for 2 counts. The person who threw the ball, taps the middle line quickly and gets ready again.
Now one person throws the ball via an overhand motion and the other immediately returns it. The one who plays overhand back, taps the center line.
Player with bucket above his court stands on the middle position. Trainer throws the ball and the player catches the ball and throws the ball directly into the bucket. Trainer stands next to player with bucket. Make sure it's a flowing movement!
Player throws up the ball for himself via underhand, technical throwing motion. Player has 1 leg in front, arms extended, slightly to the side of the body and throws up and catches.
Now player throws ball up the same way and then keys it and then catches.
2 rows. Players stand at the back of the field with ball. Trainers stand at the net. Player throws via underhand throw to trainer. Trainer fends off and then throws the ball to the same player. Player tests the ball directly back to the trainer and tries to get to the trainer faster than the ball.
Idem, only now the player doesn't hit back directly but hits for himself twice and catches the ball and joins the back of the line again.
On the backline there are 3 rows, each player has a ball, carry out the assignment:
Task 1: Roll the ball for yourself and if the fall is over a be[aalde line (which the trainer decides) then you may start to stop your ball.
Task 2: Throw the ball forward and catch it overhand. Really above your head with hands in a bowl. Move from A to B.
Task 3: The same, but now backwards.
Task 4: Throw up the ball, hopscotch and when you catch the ball, stand still for 5 seconds on 1 leg.
- Make 3 rows of players with a ball.
- Halfway across the field.
- On the other side of the field are many pawns.
- Who serves the pawn over has 1 point.
- Leave the pawn behind (easy at first, difficult later).
- Serve 3 at a time. After service quickly get your ball and join the back of the row.
- Trainer throws ball over the net and player catches the ball
- Then via oh throw movement back over the net to the trainer
- then tap the middle line
- and then walk around the outside
- and join again at the back
- All of them 1 ball.
- 1 child may throw dice (they all get their turn)
- and the number of dots thrown must be tested or throw and then catch.
- Split the group in 2, so each trainer a group and a dice.
Competition with only catching and throwing and to emphasize the turning.
- They have to keep looking at the opponent!
- Knowing their position must become automatic.