Volleyball drills for all skills
set up of equipment:
- Goal in the middle of the field, with someone in it
- Other players on the other side of the net.
Course of play:
- The players throw/strike the ball towards the goal and try to score in the goal.
- The player in the goal (blue) tries to keep the balls out of the goal.
Set the net as low as possible.
Arrangement of equipment:
- marking discs/hats all over the field.
Course of play:
- Players walk around the field.
Different walking forms: skipping, knees high, feet against poo, jumping, frog-jumping,...
- At the moment the trainer calls out a certain word, the players must put a hat on their head as quickly as possible.
There is one hat less than the number of children there are.
Can also be done with ball; dribble (left, right, alternating), possibly with the hat on their ball.
Arrangement of material:
- Mat against a wall
- Player 1 (blue) near the mat
- Other players (red), behind a certain line (depends on players)
- The players behind the line throw the ball to the mat
- Player 1 tries to keep the ball from the mat, he can do this with various movements.
As soon as one of the players touches the mat, they may take a marker from Player 1.
If Player 1 has no more marker disc, he loses and another player may take it. (number to choose, for example 5)
- Players start on the three-metre line in pairs facing each other.
- One player has the ball.
- At 6 meters from the net there is a cone behind each player.
- Players do a control key and then pass the ball over the net.
- Then they run around the cone behind them.
- The same, but after passing the ball they dive to the cone and get ready again.
- Player does a control key, turns around and keys the ball backwards over the net.
- Then he does a block and returns to his home position.
- Per trio.
- Player A does the control key and plays the ball over the net.
- Player B does reception, C stands at the net and taps the ball high over, then he dives through B's legs and they switch places.
- Players play two against two.
- Each time the ball is over, they walk over to the other side of the net and join in behind.
- The goal is to keep the ball in play as long as possible.
- If a team makes a mistake, they have to dive to the other side.
- Often the volleyball field is divided into six positions, you can also divide the field into nine sections of three by three meters.
- This can be of value in coaching, service and (tactical) attack.
- I let the group hold hands and then call a number below ten.
- The group must then move as quickly as possible to the appropriate section.
- Tip: After practicing this, I call out a number under ten at practice and have players point to the appropriate section on the court.
2 goes over with pass.
- Tap wall, fellow player may play 1x for himself.
- Touching the line
- Knee touching the ground
- Touch the ground on the buttocks
Supplies: A stick about 2.5 meters long and 1 to 2 cm thick.
- The group gets the assignment to put the stick on the ground but it has to stay horizontal.
- The group stands up straight (see drawing) and stretches both forefingers to the front at shoulder width and the upper and lower arms are at an angle of 90 degrees.
- The trainer places the bar on the forefingers pointing forward.
- From this position, the group should try to bring the bar down to the ground.
- The bar must remain horizontal and not be raised or lowered on any side.
- The bar should not be grabbed either!
- Make groups of three, one with the ball.
- One throws the ball over the net into a 3x3m square, the passer stands in that square and passes the ball to the net where it is caught.
- Provide a second ball for a faster game.
- After ten balls turn around.
- Possibly start with catching then build up to playing.