Volleyball drills for all skills
Aim: Players Setup from 1st time + targeted attack.
- T plays ball high over the net in the attack zone.
- Sv enters from pos.1 and sets up for -or backwards.
- A attacks on the mat/goal.
Expand : Block, middle attack, ...
Goal : develop game insight for attack
- A1 plays the ball to SV.
- Sv set-up to pos.4 where A attacks.
- At the moment A attacks, A1 plays a second ball to SV.
- B & B1 take care of the block. (B1 always starts from pos.3), L defense.
- Second attack of A. place ball. L stands on a mat. Where L is not standing should be played to.
We try to grow into a match form. Block gets points when attack can be stopped. Attack when scored or ball on the mat. Defender when defended.
Each player has their own ball.
- The players will play the ball in front of themselves.
- trainer tells them what to do
- forearm play
- get down on your knees
- make a round on your knees
- lie down and get up again
2. with every exercise you keep on playing
- 2 numbers (preferably variable)
- Trainer throws balls at set position
- Setter calls a set outside and calls a number (1..4)
- Attacker strikes the ball to the named position.
- Server to position 6
- Reception to player in the front center
- Plays forwards or backwards to position 2 or 4
lateral displacement to position 2 or 4 (street)
- Setter calls slide or street, to where the attack is given
- Attack to defender
- defender may attack on the position where the ball is coming from
- The one who made the attack, runs over and a 2 against 3 is played
Organization: 6 players per field
- 2 play the serve, each on either side of the grid, at position 1
- Serve to 5 or 6, set up and pass ball to server
- Server defends to position 6,
- it performs the first contact
- and the previous attacker set the ball to position 2
- the defence player
- As long as there are 2 balls, continue, if there is 1 case, go for the point.
Variant: The defender is checked whether the defender is short or deep, short ball is pokey, deep ball is technical ball.
Stand opposite each other in pairs:
- 1 person has 2 tennis balls, the other 2 volleyballs.
- The person with the volleyballs throws one ball high to the other person, to 1 of his 2 hands.
- That person has to throw the tennis ball in that hand low back to the other person
- Always the same person who performs the first action
Stand opposite to each other in pairs:
- 1 person has a tennis ball, the other a volleyball
- Volleyball is replayed in 2 contact, high or low
- The tennis ball is then replayed in 1 contact, low if the volleyball comes high, high if the volleyball comes low
Per 2 opposite each other:
- Variation on previous exercise
- If the volleyball is played high, it must be replayed directly in 1 contact (tennis ball is played low at the same time).
- If the volleyball is played low, it will be replayed in 2 contacts
Per 2 opposite each other:
- Play ball as long as possible towards each other with only the arms.
Goal: Libero training and defense
- T plays in tempo the balls to SV.
- SV set-up (2nd tempo) to A (position 3) --> targeted attack to position 1 or to B (position 4) --> targeted attack to position 6.
- L starts from pos 6 + defense to SV2
Extension 1 : After defense from L to SV, set-up to position 4 where C attacks (aimed)
Extension 2 : L2 defended attack from C, C is going to catch ball.
Purpose: peripheral view.
- C plays the ball to L.
- L plays the ball to pos 3/2 --> SV2
- Meanwhile, B3 moves to pos 2 or 4. (draw. to 2)
- SV2 setup to the pos. where there is only one block.
- C goes blocking
- A attacks.
- T plays ball to SV1
- SV1 setup to attacker where there are two blocks.
Extension : field defense.